RE: [Unity_Games] UPDATE to "Closet Cleaning sale"

  • Pitt Crandlemire
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
      > So you're justifying yourself being a d*** because there's
      > other people who are d***s in the internet? Wow. Sure. We'll
      > go with that. I'm pretty sure the internet hasn't turned most
      > other people on this list into a**h**** but what do I know.

      Easy guys. It's just Matt being Matt. If you can get past the fact that he's
      a whack job he's actually fun to have around. Unless you're trapped in a
      sub-compact w/ him for 12 hours straight. Schloth hasn't been right since...

      Pitt
    • Dan Blum
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012

        > > So you're justifying yourself being a d*** because there's
        > > other people who are d***s in the internet? Wow. Sure. We'll
        > > go with that. I'm pretty sure the internet hasn't turned most
        > > other people on this list into a**h**** but what do I know.
        >
        > Easy guys. It's just Matt being Matt. If you can get past the fact that he's
        > a whack job he's actually fun to have around. Unless you're trapped in a
        > sub-compact w/ him for 12 hours straight. Schloth hasn't been right since...

        You know, I've always wondered exactly what happened to Schloth.

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
          To be honest, I didn't care one way or another for his 'joke'. I just
          though his justification for it was idiotic.

        • redhill459@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
            Once an offer is accepted it's a legitimate enforceable contract. Just because he took it back afterwards with some LAME EXCUSE .... doesn't really matter! A contract is a contract!

            To be honest, I didn't care one way or another for his 'joke'. I just
            though his justification for it was idiotic.

            On 2/2/2012 11:37 AM, Pitt Crandlemire wrote:

            > > So you're justifying yourself being a d*** because there's
            > > other people who are d***s in the internet? Wow. Sure. We'll
            > > go with that. I'm pretty sure the internet hasn't turned most
            > > other people on this list into a**h**** but what do I know.
            >
            > Easy guys. It's just Matt being Matt. If you can get past the fact
            > that he's
            > a whack job he's actually fun to have around. Unless you're trapped in a
            > sub-compact w/ him for 12 hours straight. Schloth hasn't been right
            > since...
            >
            > Pitt

          • matthew horn
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
              Unity through gaming, my ass!

              (With apologies to Walter).

              :)

              matt

              On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Pitt Crandlemire <pittc@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > > So you're justifying yourself being a d*** because there's
              > > other people who are d***s in the internet? Wow. Sure. We'll
              > > go with that. I'm pretty sure the internet hasn't turned most
              > > other people on this list into a**h**** but what do I know.
              >
              > Easy guys. It's just Matt being Matt. If you can get past the fact that
              > he's
              > a whack job he's actually fun to have around. Unless you're trapped in a
              > sub-compact w/ him for 12 hours straight. Schloth hasn't been right
              > since...
              >
              > Pitt

            • Craig Massey
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                As an admin for the group, lets just let this go everyone.  Nothing productive is going to come out of ranting and raving.  Everyone back to your pre UG anticipation.

                Craig W. Massey
                cwmassey@...

                ________________________________

              • sromanowski@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012

                  redhill459@... wrote:
                  > Once an offer is accepted it's a legitimate enforceable contract. Just
                  > because he took it back afterwards with some LAME EXCUSE .... doesn't
                  > really matter! A contract is a contract!

                  I replied offering to buy some of his games, but it's not worth my time to follow up. I'll just write a filter so I never see an email from him ever again.

                  On the other hand, my post with the used AH games was legitimate. I still have the games and people are welcome to inspect them before buying; however, I will not sell to Matt.

                  Scott

                  `-- c8 ]
                • hotc@walterhunt.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                    > As an admin for the group, lets just let this go everyone.  Nothing
                    > productive is going to come out of ranting and raving.  Everyone back to
                    > your pre UG anticipation.

                    Agreed. I've moved on from "Unity through gaming . . . my ass!" With no
                    apologies to Matt.

                    Walter.

                    --
                    Walter H. Hunt
                    hotc@...
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                      Absolutely, Craig. What's really important to understand about all this is that everyone should bathe and use deodorant before coming Saturday. And don't forget gum or breath mints.

                    • Craig Massey
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                        So true.  Usually Mark Edwards chimes in before the event with this well timed reminder so thanks for stepping in.  See everyone on Saturday.

                        P.S.  The charity auction is running this year.  Look for a post tonight highlighting some of the available lots and procedures for the auction. We have a lot of great stuff and the proceeds go to a fantastic local charity - the Greater Boston Food Bank.  So check out the post tonight and bring some extra cash to get some great games both new and old while in support the Greater Boston Food Bank.

                        Best,
                        Craig

                        Craig W. Massey
                        cwmassey@...

                        ________________________________
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                          >Sorry, folks, when I looked at my calendar I thought it said "April
                          >Fool's Day", not "Groundhog Day". My bad! Please ignore my original
                          >message until April 1.
                          >
                          >Gotcha! (or at least I got 35 of ya!)

                          Douchebag.

                          --
                          President, Sports Mogul Inc.
                          cjd@...
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 3, 2012
                            I've tried to keep a low profile on the topic this year. I didn't want everyone to be paranoid about how they smell any time they come near me... then again I *do* judge you by your bodily hygiene, so there's that.

                            See you all tomorrow!