Re: [Unity_Games] UPDATE to "Closet Cleaning sale"

  • E
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
      Heh. When I first saw the list, I thought Horn must need quick cash for drugs and was tired of blowing dudes at rest stops. Being the humanitarian I am, I looked to capitalize. Got me. Turns out Matt apparently has plenty of money for drugs. good for you Matt.

      And yes, it's definitely some sort of violation of the Unity Games policies. About his ninety-seventh one.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
        > So you're justifying yourself being a d*** because there's
        > other people who are d***s in the internet? Wow. Sure. We'll
        > go with that. I'm pretty sure the internet hasn't turned most
        > other people on this list into a**h**** but what do I know.

        Easy guys. It's just Matt being Matt. If you can get past the fact that he's
        a whack job he's actually fun to have around. Unless you're trapped in a
        sub-compact w/ him for 12 hours straight. Schloth hasn't been right since...

        Pitt
      • Dan Blum
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012

          > > So you're justifying yourself being a d*** because there's
          > > other people who are d***s in the internet? Wow. Sure. We'll
          > > go with that. I'm pretty sure the internet hasn't turned most
          > > other people on this list into a**h**** but what do I know.
          >
          > Easy guys. It's just Matt being Matt. If you can get past the fact that he's
          > a whack job he's actually fun to have around. Unless you're trapped in a
          > sub-compact w/ him for 12 hours straight. Schloth hasn't been right since...

          You know, I've always wondered exactly what happened to Schloth.

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
            To be honest, I didn't care one way or another for his 'joke'. I just
            though his justification for it was idiotic.

          • redhill459@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
              Once an offer is accepted it's a legitimate enforceable contract. Just because he took it back afterwards with some LAME EXCUSE .... doesn't really matter! A contract is a contract!

              To be honest, I didn't care one way or another for his 'joke'. I just
              though his justification for it was idiotic.

              On 2/2/2012 11:37 AM, Pitt Crandlemire wrote:

              > > So you're justifying yourself being a d*** because there's
              > > other people who are d***s in the internet? Wow. Sure. We'll
              > > go with that. I'm pretty sure the internet hasn't turned most
              > > other people on this list into a**h**** but what do I know.
              >
              > Easy guys. It's just Matt being Matt. If you can get past the fact
              > that he's
              > a whack job he's actually fun to have around. Unless you're trapped in a
              > sub-compact w/ him for 12 hours straight. Schloth hasn't been right
              > since...
              >
              > Pitt

            • matthew horn
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                Unity through gaming, my ass!

                (With apologies to Walter).

                :)

                matt

                On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Pitt Crandlemire <pittc@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > > So you're justifying yourself being a d*** because there's
                > > other people who are d***s in the internet? Wow. Sure. We'll
                > > go with that. I'm pretty sure the internet hasn't turned most
                > > other people on this list into a**h**** but what do I know.
                >
                > Easy guys. It's just Matt being Matt. If you can get past the fact that
                > he's
                > a whack job he's actually fun to have around. Unless you're trapped in a
                > sub-compact w/ him for 12 hours straight. Schloth hasn't been right
                > since...
                >
                > Pitt

              • Craig Massey
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                  As an admin for the group, lets just let this go everyone.  Nothing productive is going to come out of ranting and raving.  Everyone back to your pre UG anticipation.

                  Craig W. Massey
                  cwmassey@...

                  ________________________________

                • sromanowski@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012

                    redhill459@... wrote:
                    > Once an offer is accepted it's a legitimate enforceable contract. Just
                    > because he took it back afterwards with some LAME EXCUSE .... doesn't
                    > really matter! A contract is a contract!

                    I replied offering to buy some of his games, but it's not worth my time to follow up. I'll just write a filter so I never see an email from him ever again.

                    On the other hand, my post with the used AH games was legitimate. I still have the games and people are welcome to inspect them before buying; however, I will not sell to Matt.

                    Scott

                    `-- c8 ]
                  • hotc@walterhunt.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                      > As an admin for the group, lets just let this go everyone.  Nothing
                      > productive is going to come out of ranting and raving.  Everyone back to
                      > your pre UG anticipation.

                      Agreed. I've moved on from "Unity through gaming . . . my ass!" With no
                      apologies to Matt.

                      Walter.

                      --
                      Walter H. Hunt
                      hotc@...
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                        Absolutely, Craig. What's really important to understand about all this is that everyone should bathe and use deodorant before coming Saturday. And don't forget gum or breath mints.

                      • Craig Massey
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                          So true.  Usually Mark Edwards chimes in before the event with this well timed reminder so thanks for stepping in.  See everyone on Saturday.

                          P.S.  The charity auction is running this year.  Look for a post tonight highlighting some of the available lots and procedures for the auction. We have a lot of great stuff and the proceeds go to a fantastic local charity - the Greater Boston Food Bank.  So check out the post tonight and bring some extra cash to get some great games both new and old while in support the Greater Boston Food Bank.

                          Best,
                          Craig

                          Craig W. Massey
                          cwmassey@...

                          ________________________________
                          Absolutely, Craig. What's really important to understand about all this is that everyone should bathe and use deodorant before coming Saturday. And don't forget gum or breath mints.

                        • Clay Dreslough
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 2, 2012
                            >Sorry, folks, when I looked at my calendar I thought it said "April
                            >Fool's Day", not "Groundhog Day". My bad! Please ignore my original
                            >message until April 1.
                            >
                            >Gotcha! (or at least I got 35 of ya!)

                            Douchebag.

                            --
                            President, Sports Mogul Inc.
                            cjd@...
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 3, 2012
                              I've tried to keep a low profile on the topic this year. I didn't want everyone to be paranoid about how they smell any time they come near me... then again I *do* judge you by your bodily hygiene, so there's that.

                              See you all tomorrow!