UG XVIII: Helpful Hints

  • Phil Alberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2012
      1. Please include some sort of identification within each game you bring.
      Some people put stickers on the inside of box lids. I include a business
      card with my name and address in each of my games. This helps tremendously
      in ensuring that games are returned to the correct pile, and it helps at
      day's end when deciding what to do with orphaned games that are found
      during cleanup.

      2. After each game, be sure to check the tabletop and under the table for
      rascally game pieces that are trying to escape. There's nothing more
      maddening than to discover that bits are missing when you get home.

      3. Please treat games as if they were your own. That is, don't play games
      while eating Cheetos or other items that leave residue on the bits.

      4. A good way to attract gamers is to hold a game aloft and visit the Jump
      Start area. This area is well marked, and is usually in the middle of the
      gaming area.

      5. Don't forget to bring your Math Trade items. There will be a set of
      shelves with marked areas to facilitate the transfer of games.

      6. It will be crowded, so please be considerate of others and maintain good
      personal hygiene.

      7. Please pick up your trash. Table space will be at a premium, and it's
      frustrating to have to first clear off someone else's garbage.

      8. The Teaching Area schedule has been published. You may view it here:

      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/750920/ug-xviii-teaching-schedule

      9. Please take advantage of the online games database to request games and
      to let us know what games you will be bringing. This resource gains in
      usefulness as more people use it.

      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/101375/what-games-will-be-brought-to-ug-xviii

      10. As you pack up your games, check each one to verify that it is indeed
      your copy. If you find someone else's copy on your pile, first see if they
      have your game on their pile so you can exchange it. If that fails, then
      report the discrepancy and bring the wayward game to the Lost + Found area
      at the UG registration desk. All such discrepancies will be rectified as
      soon as possible after the UG event.

      11. There is a Charity Auction being conducted this year. Please consider
      participating.

      12. Be sure to bring money for personal game sales and won auction items
      that will be transacted at UG.

      Even as UG attendance has grown, I've found that everyone is
      still friendly. Gamers truly are the best people! It should therefore
      be very easy for you to HAVE FUN!!

      See you Saturday

      --
      Eastern MA Gaming