Ship Comes In / Now Hiring

  • ed.carter@cambridgegames.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2012
      Hi there!

      We just got confirmation from our broker - the latest shipment has
      cleared customs and is ready to pick up. This includes the Barons
      reprint, Pala (complete game), Glory To Rome Promo Cards (I.V edition -
      see above). There are also some components for Montana and Quills
      although the cards for these games are still in Shanghai, waiting to
      ship with Plato 3000 in a couple of weeks time.

      Christopher Rao (CGF Production Director) and I ran through the
      production / shipment schedule last night and we're currently planning 5
      shipments this year. Not too many new games beyond those we've already
      announced (e.g., Invasion of the Garden Gnomes, Zombie in my Pocket,
      Black Box) but up to now we've only been making 1 or 2 shipments per
      year so this is a huge step up for us.

      NOW HIRING!!!

      With this shipment arriving we are also need to expand our assembly team
      for a few months to make sure the work gets done, so if you're looking
      for work in the Boston area then we'd love to hear from you! Note that
      our factory is in Groton, MA, so we're actually up on the New Hampshire
      border, but there is a train from North Station / Porter Square to Ayer
      which we can arrange to collect you from if needed.

      Your immediate responsibilities are making sure that the orders for the
      games on the boat get shipped (including 2000 copies of the promo cards
      to BGG!) but you'll also be part of the team that makes sure Glory To
      Rome Black Box (and all the promo goodies) gets shipped out correctly.

      Starting salary is $9.25 - no experience necessary, although warehouse
      and/or retail experience a plus. Attention to detail certainly is
      important and we really prefer to hire game-lovers where possible (hence
      advertising the position here!). Also as a company we're growing quickly
      right now, so there may well be more 'corporate' opportunities in the
      future for the right candidate.

      Hours are flexible - we're really looking for people available 20 to 40
      hours / week, although we'll consider people available for at least 10
      hours per week.

      If you're interested please send a resume to factory@....

      Cheers,

      Ed Carter
      Managing Director
      Cambridge Games Factory
      www.cambridgegames.com
      YES! We'd love to see your game idea

      P.S. I'm in Europe right now (sitting in an Irish bar in Paris - go
      figure) but I just noticed UG XVIII is coming up next weekend - I will
      see if I can get a couple of the CGF team there to show our latest
      games...