All day Open Gaming this Saturday Dec 17), 1pm til 1am (or later)

  • Jeff Michaud
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2011
      Starting early (1pm) last month was deemed a success so
      this month (December) will also be an early start! I won't
      be able to make it myself this month but Joe Rushanan
      will be there at 1pm to welcome folks!

      Also I was corrected last month when I said this group has
      been meeting/gaming once a month for around 20 years... apparently
      it's around 30 years!
      _________________________
      Please note this month we are starting at 1pm (instead of 6pm)
      to make this an all day (well afternoon and evening) event!!!!
      _______________________________
      Le Marshalate is a gaming group that I've only been playing
      with for the last couple years but my understanding has been
      meeting/gaming for 30 years.

      We meet the 3rd Saturday evening of every month at the
      American Legion Hall in Salem NH (exit 2 off Rt. 93). Some
      may already be familiar with this exit as Myriad Games is
      also at this exit. Doors open at 1pm this month and gaming usually
      goes until at least 1am, sometimes longer (a couple months agp a
      bunch of us finished up at 3am though I paid for it the next
      day).

      There is no cost for guests, regulars are asked to pay dues
      that goes to paying for the hall rental.

      Types of games played are varied, I'm mainly a Euro player
      myself but there is always an 18xx game played by some,
      some come specifically for play a war game (with tweezers
      sometimes!), and a crayon rail game is also possible (Empire
      Builder, etc).

      No need to RSVP but you may want to let me know so we can
      try scheduling.

      Jeff

      Directions to the American Legion are:
      From 93 North take exit 2
      Turn right onto Main Street (Route 97).
      Go through 3 lights (there is a fourth at a school that just stays green) About 1.2 miles
      Turn left onto Milville St at the Sovereign bank.
      Go 1/4 mile to the American Legion on your right (just before Lancaster School)

      The address is 38 Milville St., Salem, NH 03079 for those who want to check it online or GPS

      There are several pizza and sub shops as well as Store 24 nearby. There is also a Dunkin Donuts on Route 28. (Turn right on Route 28 third light).
      There is also a Wendy's and a Subway (inside the Walmart) if you turn left onto Route 28 (aka North Broadway).
    • Joe J. Rushanan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2011
        Yes, I will be there at 1 PM. AS jeff said, newcomers welcome. I will have
        some games with me, but if there is something special people want to play,
        they should bring it if they can (or ask me to; a lot of what I own is on
        BGG as jjrbedford).

        Note that this month Le Marshalate has its annual business meeting for
        about an hour starting around 7 PM. Just a warning since gaming will need
        to be suspended for that.

        JoeJ

        --
        Joe J. Rushanan "Board Gamers Never Are"