NESFA Open House Gameday this Saturday (Oct. 1st)

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2011
      I do apologize for the extremely late notice. There is a gameday this Saturday at the NESFA clubhouse in Somerville, located at 504 Medford St. (look for the android on the door).
      Start time is noon and it ends no earlier than midnight. Street parking is available for Somerville residents, although the meters still have not gone up on the main section of road in front of the clubhouse. There is a small parking lot behind the clubhouse but please email me if you wish to use the parking lot.
      Plenty of games to choose from and if you want to bring some of yours in, please do.
      Hope to see you there.
    • Jeff Michaud
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2011
        Having attended last month I wanted to chime in and
        give my thumbs up to this gaming meetup and add a
        few notes....

        Some of my gaming groups there are either no women
        playing or just a small number in proportion. I believe
        when I was there last month at least a third were woman
        from a college student to retired I believe.

        If you are a Dominion player you definitely won't be disappointed,
        lots of Dominion fans with this group, two tables going at one
        point (the club has two copies of the base game and each expansion).

        The club provides bottled water (and I believe flavored water)
        as well as microwave popcorn. Two refrigerators and a microwave
        are available for use. There are also plenty of nearby food options
        including literally a pizza/sub shop right next door.

        Driving directions, bus info, a phone I'm told that may very well
        be answered on game day, can be found at:

        http://www.nesfa.org/clubhouse/

        Since the club owns the building they have no rent hence they
        do not have to charge a fee for game day. Also for what it's
        worth, while I don't read fiction, this club has a giant library of
        science fiction (as well as a dvd library), and for $16/year you
        can check things out.

        Also don't look for an actual "android" on the door, it's a poster
        of a picture of an adroid :) Easier just to look for the numbers
        on the various doors. All the windows are covered over with posters
        if I recall so you won't see folks gaming inside.

        Hope to be able to make it back myself this Saturday!

        Jeff