FRAMINGCON update, FRAGS, UG Prepays, Tuesday movies, Sunday Patriots games

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2011
      FRAMINGCON will take place in Framingham on the weekend of Ocrober 28th -
      30th in Framingham. This event is open to all members of FRAGS, Unity Games,
      Mensa, Hopkinton BoardGamers, and other meetup groups and their friends and
      families. This event has now been running 3-4 times a year for nearly 30
      years (boy am I getting old!)

      In addition to the weekend full of gaming and cheesy movies, Rob has once
      again volunteered to run the Saturday night party game. This one will be a
      bit different than previous ones, as it will not involve teams. It will be an
      audio/video game and will take place entirely in the theater. Things may be
      a bit tight, but at least we won't have an issue with some teams having
      rooms closer to the staging area as we did last time. As always, dinner is
      provided on Saturday night, and there is crash space available for those wanting
      to stay over.

      FRAGS (Framingham Gamers) continues to run every Thursday night. We have
      been averaging around 12-15 people a week, with lots of new faces checking
      things out recently (and some even coming back). New games conitnue to arrive,
      including expansions for Catacombs, Dixit, Ascenson, and the Stevie Wonder
      card for Seven Wonders.

      Now that the next Unity Games has been announced for February 2nd in Woburn
      (more details at the UG website), I can start taking prepays of $12. If you
      prefer, you can pay UG directly with Paypal for $12.50, or wait until the
      last minute and pay $20 at the door.

      The new Tuesday night movie group is up and running with crowds ranging
      from 4 (for the create-you-own adventure horror films) to a full theater for a
      couple of the sci-fi comedies. This week, a bunch of the girls will be in
      Springfield for the Big E, so we will likely show a horror film or 2. The
      final choice(s) will be sent out tomorrow to those on the separate distribution
      list. We will start at 7:00 with the first 2 episodes of Season 2 of
      Psychoville, with the main feature starting at 8:00.

      This week's Patriots/Bills game is tomorrow at 1:00. Feel free to come by
      around 12:45 and join me in the theater to watch. The next 3 games are at
      4:15, so we will plan to order out dinner at halftime for those games. If you
      are seeing this email, you are welcome to join me.

      That's it for now. October will be a busy month with all of the birthdays
      (including my 50th) and I hope to see many of you during that time. Another
      update will follow in about 2 weeks.

      For more information on any of these events, to be added to the movie
      distribution list, or to be removed from the gaming list, please email me.

      -Matt