interesting

  • matthew horn
    Message 1 of 10 , May 25, 2011
    • E
      Message 2 of 10 , May 26, 2011
        Excellence in gaming? Hasbro? Aren't there like only two guys who make the only decent games in the whole company? I'm pretty sure those 75 marketing and IT guys are going to come up with something revolutionary.

        It's Candyland...on an Ipad!

      • Craig B
        Message 3 of 10 , May 26, 2011
          Unless they're planning to make another run with AH games or similar?

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 10 , May 26, 2011
            "Aren't there like only two guys who make the only
            decent games in the whole company?"

            And which games would those be?

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 10 , May 26, 2011
              Maybe this could be the beginning of designer style games in mass market stores. Space Hulk had a reprint now anything is possible

              Sent from my iPhone
            • E
              Message 6 of 10 , May 26, 2011
                I've read a geeklist about it somewhere. Star Wars Epic Duels and Heroscape come to mind. I can't get the geek at work. If I get time, I'll look it up. Otherwise, you're on your own.

                Message 7 of 10 , May 26, 2011
                  I doubt it. Sounds like they'll just be porting all their games to tablets and phones. I'm not opposed to that, but it's not exactly innovation.

                  Maybe this could be the beginning of designer style games in mass market stores. Space Hulk had a reprint now anything is possible

                  Sent from my iPhone

                • Felix Rodriguez
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 26, 2011
                    Vegas Showdown was fantastic. Other good ones include Battle Cry and
                    Star Wars Queens Gambit

                    On 5/26/2011 9:50 AM, E wrote:

                    > I've read a geeklist about it somewhere. Star Wars Epic Duels and
                    > Heroscape come to mind. I can't get the geek at work. If I get time,
                    > I'll look it up. Otherwise, you're on your own.
                    >

                    > --- On Thu, 5/26/11, Mark Goodwin <markgravitygood@...
                    > <mailto:markgravitygood%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                    >
                    > From: Mark Goodwin <markgravitygood@...
                    > <mailto:markgravitygood%40yahoo.com>>
                    > Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] interesting
                    > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Unity_Games%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > Date: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 8:58 AM
                    >

                    > "Aren't there like only two guys who make the only
                    > decent games in the whole company?"
                    >
                    > And which games would those be?

                  • Joe Hartley
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 26, 2011
                      On Thu, 26 May 2011 05:11:24 -0700 (PDT)
                      E <swift_4@...> wrote:

                      > Excellence in gaming? Hasbro? Aren't there like only two guys who make the only decent games in the whole company? I'm pretty sure those 75 marketing and IT guys are going to come up with something revolutionary.
                      >
                      > It's Candyland...on an Ipad!

                      WRNI (RI's NPR station) had a story on this yesterday and had a sound
                      bite from someone at Hasbro. He had to have been with marketing, because
                      it was all double-speak.

                      Oh, they have it on line. Here's the full story:

                      Hasbro: moving and layoffs for some employees
                      By FLO JONIC (2011-05-25)
                      PROVIDENCE, RI (WRNI) - Pawtucket-based toymaker Hasbro is moving 70 employees from Massachusetts to Rhode Island and laying off an additional 75 at its East Longmeadow, Massachusetts plant.

                      Hasbro vice president Wayne Charness says some of the transferred employees will be working at the company's new "Center for Excellence."

                      "It really will build on Hasbro's strategy of reinventing and re-imagining and reigniting our core brand," says Charness. "This group will identify key game brands for new play experiences and development while focusing its efforts on initiatives across multiple platforms."

                      Hasbro will retain about 750 employees at its Massachusetts plant. It employs roughly 1,400 people here in Rhode Island.

                      The phrase that pays is "identify key game brands for new play experiences
                      and development". My translation: "find new themes to tack on to Monopoly."

                      Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...
                    • Robert
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 27, 2011
                        I don't believe this move is directly affecting the operations of the Wizards of the Coast/Avalon Hill division.

                        Robert Eng
                        www.gametableonline.com