Re: [Unity_Games] CM vs Torres for SdJ

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10 4:09 AM
      Unfortunately, I won't be available for games and B&N
      tonite.

      I should have the full details on conman tomorrow.

      Finally, I'm glad to know my opinion on Torres is
      making a big splash. Thumbscrews, the Iron Maiden,
      and whatever else can be drummed up won't sway me. It
      is a very good game that doesn't pique my interest in
      the slightest.

      I'm a huge knizia fan so normally the thinnest of
      veneers on his games don't phase me a bit, but the
      dryness of Torres crosses my limit. I totally respect
      the game for what it does - it is one of the few to
      use a 3rd dimension well and the card mechanism is an
      excellent one, but it doesn't strike my fancy.

      All this being said - I'll be happy to play it
      whenever and take my beating like a man from all of
      the Torres fans out there.

      Best Regards,
      Craig
      --- Eddie Campisano <edcamp@...> wrote:
      > Greetings All!
      >
      > Craig Massey wrote:
      >
      > > I have played Torres and am not a huge fan of the
      > > game. This is not to say that I don't think it is
      > > good game - I would give it an 7 just on the game
      > > alone, but for me it is terribly dry.
      >
      > BLASPHEMY! ... HERETIC!! ... BURN THE INFIDEL!!!
      >
      > Hey, Craig, it was good to have you at the game
      > session on Saturday and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed
      > yourself. You're welcome back anytime, although you
      > will first have to repent of your evil statement
      > and for penance play a game of Torres, lose badly
      > and then humbly rate the game a 10. Otherwise the
      > "Spanish Inquisition" will be forced to deal with
      > you! Bishop Mark, what is the penalty for an
      > unrepentant reprobate?
      >
      > Please give the group some additional details on the
      > Rio Grande game tournament at ConMan. Carol and
      > I haven't been to ConMan in years and last year we
      > missed Total Confusion. I agree that the board
      > game tournaments at these cons have been anemic for
      > years. When Carol and I attend it's almost
      > always to visit the dealers area and play games in
      > the open area. We haven't entered a tournament
      > since our last Contrary convention in 1993! But
      > since you'll be hosting some good games we just may
      > make an effort to play this year. So please send us
      > the details! We are no longer on the ConMan
      > mailing list and haven't received a flyer. Do they
      > have a web page?
      >
      > How many are going to be in attendance at B&N on
      > Monday night? I know of four thus far; Dave, Eddie,
      > Carol and Andrew. Are there any others?
      >
      > Eddie

      =====
      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...

      http://mail.yahoo.com/
    • Craig Massey
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 10 4:16 AM
        AARRRGH!

        So much for the underdog theory.

        Torres is a most deserving winner though, so I'm not
        surprised at all. I can't remember the last time, my
        choice for the SdJ actually won.

        --- Dave Bernazzani <dber@...> wrote:
        > Eddie Campisano <edcamp@...> wrote:
        >
        > >Greetings All!
        > >
        > >Dave mentioned the SdJ and his hope that Torres
        > would win.
        >
        > And so it has. It's been announced that Torres is
        > the winner for SdJ
        > 2000. I'll go send Bruno a consolatory note. I
        > think we are 5 for
        > Monday so Torres is out anyway! Anyone have a copy
        > of Bazaar to
        > bring? I've got Queen's new Silver Dwarves on the
        > way and I've heard
        > some comparisons being drawn between them.
        >
        > --
        > Dave Bernazzani
        > dber@...
        > http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)

        =====
        Craig W. Massey
        cwmassey@...

        http://mail.yahoo.com/
      • Mark J. Edwards
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 10 7:52 PM
          Andrew,
          Where's the link to the new site?

          Mark

          AndAgainMA@... wrote:

          > Torres won the SdJ, so there!
          >
          > Another announcement: I now have a young (immature?) games web site. I'll be
          > adding to it this evening essential things like a link to Dave's SSG page.
          > (Maybe Dave will return the favor!) My site currently has fewer reviews than
          > Dave's but one more than Mark's.
          >
          > Typing of Mark, I believe that he will be at B&N tomorrow evening.
          >
          > Looking out at the Torres-ential rain,
          >
          > Andrew.

          > Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
          > experiments.

          Mark Edwards
          dangermouse@...