If you enjoyed Unity Games . . .

  • bobshoock
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011
      . . . you may be interested in trying out our Peabody Gaming group, on the north side of Boston.

      How is it like Unity Games?

      1) We play board games.
      2) We play them for most of a Saturday.
      3) We have multiple tables, free parking, and usually a generous supply of games that people bring and share.

      How is it NOT like Unity Games?

      1) Where Unity Games can handle 500 people, Peabody Gaming can handle about 30 comfortably (hence the lack of specificity about location and the reason why this is not a full-fledged come-one-come-all invitation).
      2) Where Unity Games is in a hotel ballroom, Peabody Gaming is in a church basement hall.
      3) Where Unity Games cost $20 at the door, Peabody Gaming is $5

      Having said all that, Peabody Gaming is a small group of strategy gamers that gathers once a month in beautiful downtown Peabody, MA, inconveniently not located near any reasonable public transportation, but not too terribly far from the northern side of Route 128. Lately we've been getting about 14 to 20 people on a Saturday, but we have room for a few more.

      Our next session is Saturday, Feb. 12, from noon to 11 p.m. (OK, it's not as long as Unity, but it's still long enough for a meaty game or two, or many shorter games).

      People who attend generally bring games (of course) and snacks to share. There is a kitchen attached to the hall, which we can use on a somewhat limited basis (i.e. we can use the microwave to warm up meals and the refrigerator to store lunch or dinner in as long as we leave everything neat and tidy after we're gone). There are some restaurants in walking distance, mostly of the Brazilian, pizza/Italian, and McDonald's variety. I usually bring a couple 12 packs of soda to stash in the fridge, which gamers are welcome to have, although they can go fast.

      If interested, please email me for location and directions and other information at bobshoock(at)gmail.com.

      Our March get-together will be on March 19, and we generally meet on either the second or third Saturday of the month depending on the church's schedule.

      Thanks.

      Bob Scherer-Hoock