Gaming party / Grand opening reminder - Feb 11th - 15th

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2011
      A month after the project was supposed to be finished, half of my life is
      still in boxes and the contractor is only sporadically coming evenings to
      finish up. With the party a week and a half away, I hope I will be ready.

      The main reason for scheduling so early in the month was that Ben P was
      supposed to be in from DC that weekend, but now I'm hearing he may not be
      coming after all :(

      Anyway, I have a ton of new games in, the Amazon Germany order has been
      reshipped and should be in at the beginning of next week, and all of the
      current games are on shelves in the new game room, ready to play. Four tables
      are now free for gaming, and I will have the pool table cleared and two to
      three more tables up and running by the weekend.

      The theater is almost ready. I still have a couple of loaner speakers and
      only 5 are in (I am still waiting for the second half of the DVD cases to be
      in place before mounting the last two). The missing screws and feet for
      the chairs have been replaced, and all are ready. I now have 8 wireless Buzz
      controllers, and we have been playing steadily for the last week on the big
      screen.

      Thanks to those who have already helped assemble the theater chairs
      (George, Bill K, Seth), set up the system (Vitas), and move DVD's upstairs
      (Laurie). I still need some more help though.

      If anyone is not going to Alf's Mystery hunt at the end of the month, I am
      looking for a couple of people to test my puzzle. It is supposed to be
      finished by the 15th, but with everything going on these days, it may not quite
      be ready. Once it is done, I will have a very short window where I will
      need it test solved. Any help is appreciated.

      Next, I will need some help assembling and hanging shelves. This should be
      around Wednesday or Thursday of next week, Please let me know if you are
      available. I bought dinner when we put the seats together, and will do the
      same for this.

      Lastly, I really do need to find a full time job. I am still only working
      one day a week, though I had a solid interview yesterday for a 25 hour a
      week position (but with lousy pay). If anyone knows of a company needing a
      good accountant, please let me know. I will try not to embarrass you ;)

      Party details are the same as always. Gaming starts at 7:30 Friday night
      and runs through Sunday night. Dinner is served Saturday. There's still
      plenty of room for people to stay over (and now an extra bathroom upstairs!) The
      party is open to all members of MENSA, Unity Games, and Meetup.

      For more info, please feel free to contact me. I hope to see many of you
      next week.

      -Matt