Re: [Unity_Games] Things that shouldn't need to be said

  • Brian Benston
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
      That's probably because you weren't using your Stadium Pal for extra hygenic
      security.  You can't be too safe with these things.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
        --- On Fri, 1/28/11, Mark J Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:

        Hmmm... let's try this another way because I think you might have taken Eric's message a bit too literally.

        Yes. Personal hygiene while playing board games for upwards of sixteen hours is a challenge. And there are so many variables that everyone needs to be as polite and understanding as possible.

        But I hope everyone takes the third thing very literally. It is unconscionable for someone to get up from a table and leave their trash for someone else to pick up. If a stray can or wrapper gets mistakenly left behind, no big deal. But to see the remains of entire meals from groups of people intentionally ignored is beyond reasonable.

      • mr__ekted
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
          And if you smoke, please don't wear clothes that have been soaking in your smoke cloud for 2 weeks. And when you come in from your smoke breaks, please exhale a few times outside before entering.
        • matthew horn
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
            And if you have sex, please wash your johnson.

          • IGiveIn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
              Won't be making UG AGAIN (wife's schedule shifted this week and I lost
              my bank card yesterday so have no cash to go even if I had the time)
              but...

              IME: I've run into *serious* body odor issues with people at two gaming
              conventions, one comic convention and with one player at our FLGS over
              20+ years of gaming. It's something to keep in mind, but not something
              to get all crazy about... Just try to be clean and conscientious.

              Halitosis - try to stay at least 3' away when talking and you should be
              OK; keep a small bottle of mouthwash or disposable toothbrush on hand
              just in case.

              Trash - By far the WORST problem, seriously. See it at least once at
              every convention I've been to and it's just nasty (it seems even worse
              in waiting/marshalling areas than in actual gaming areas). Heck,
              almost had to relocate a game because of it (and did delay it for about
              ten minutes when the janitorial staff happened by and cleared it out -
              apparently someone had complained beforehand) once at a con in Illinois.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
                I won't have coffee with me, but I will bring me new coffee scented breathe mints. The dark roast kind. 'HI MARK!!!'

                ScottH,