Re: [Unity_Games] Things that shouldn't need to be said

  • matthew horn
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
      Tried them. They don't work as well as you might think.

      On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Brian Benston <bbenston@...> wrote:

      > Note to self: bring adult diapers for long gaming sessions.
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Brian Benston
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
        That's probably because you weren't using your Stadium Pal for extra hygenic
        security.  You can't be too safe with these things.

        Tried them. They don't work as well as you might think.

        On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Brian Benston <bbenston@...> wrote:

        > Note to self: bring adult diapers for long gaming sessions.
        >
        > ________________________________

      • E
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
          --- On Fri, 1/28/11, Mark J Edwards <danger-mouse@...> wrote:

          Hmmm... let's try this another way because I think you might have taken Eric's message a bit too literally.

          Yes. Personal hygiene while playing board games for upwards of sixteen hours is a challenge. And there are so many variables that everyone needs to be as polite and understanding as possible.

          But I hope everyone takes the third thing very literally. It is unconscionable for someone to get up from a table and leave their trash for someone else to pick up. If a stray can or wrapper gets mistakenly left behind, no big deal. But to see the remains of entire meals from groups of people intentionally ignored is beyond reasonable.

        • mr__ekted
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
            And if you smoke, please don't wear clothes that have been soaking in your smoke cloud for 2 weeks. And when you come in from your smoke breaks, please exhale a few times outside before entering.
          • matthew horn
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
              And if you have sex, please wash your johnson.

            • IGiveIn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
                Won't be making UG AGAIN (wife's schedule shifted this week and I lost
                my bank card yesterday so have no cash to go even if I had the time)
                but...

                IME: I've run into *serious* body odor issues with people at two gaming
                conventions, one comic convention and with one player at our FLGS over
                20+ years of gaming. It's something to keep in mind, but not something
                to get all crazy about... Just try to be clean and conscientious.

                Halitosis - try to stay at least 3' away when talking and you should be
                OK; keep a small bottle of mouthwash or disposable toothbrush on hand
                just in case.

                Trash - By far the WORST problem, seriously. See it at least once at
                every convention I've been to and it's just nasty (it seems even worse
                in waiting/marshalling areas than in actual gaming areas). Heck,
                almost had to relocate a game because of it (and did delay it for about
                ten minutes when the janitorial staff happened by and cleared it out -
                apparently someone had complained beforehand) once at a con in Illinois.

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 28, 2011
                  I won't have coffee with me, but I will bring me new coffee scented breathe mints. The dark roast kind. 'HI MARK!!!'

                  ScottH,