Wings of War & Snoopy Trophy at UG

  • cvonh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2011
      We will be playing our annual Wings of War tourney at UG. The tourney is one game with anywhere from 5 to 10 people per side. It takes about an hour at most. Several past winners had never played the game before, so don't let that put you off. The Snoopy Award is given to the first person to be shot down. So far the only two time winner is me who has played the game a lot -- so that tells you that a) experience is no bonus and/or b) I'm really terrible and/or c) all of the above. There is an actual snoopy trophy and the winner(s)'s name is engraved upon a dog tag hung around The Famous World War I Flying Ace's neck. In a break with tradition this year there will also be a prize for the winner -- a 6-pack of IBC Root Beer, Snoopy's post-flight drink of choice. Game will start as close to 1 pm as we can manage. Anyone wearing goggles, a flying helmet, a long silk scarf, Snoopy costume or flying a vintage WWI fighter will be awarded extra karma points which will do you no good whatsoever in the competition but will probably get your picture on the UG website if Adam will let us.

      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9203/wings-of-war-famous-aces