Advanced Civilization@Unity Games

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
      Anyone else interested in wasting most of the Games Day playing Advanced Civilization? I would be interested if we can 6 players together.
    • sromanowski@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
        Yes, Robert, I'm interested in playing AdvCiv. UG is the 29th, right?

        Scott

        `-- c8 ]

        ----- "Robert" <reng@...> wrote:

        > Anyone else interested in wasting most of the Games Day playing
        > Advanced Civilization? I would be interested if we can 6 players
        > together.
      • Mark J Edwards
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
          Damn tempting, love Civ, but I gotta game with as many old buddies as possible!

          > Anyone else interested in wasting most of the Games Day playing Advanced Civilization? I would be interested if we can 6 players together.
          ______________________________________
          Sent from my www.pageflakes.com startpage
        • Adam Smiles
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
            This seems like a good time to remind people about the extra conference rooms. With our increased attendance we have 3 smaller conference rooms in addition to the main ballroom. They are located on the first floor. One of these rooms will be designated the "Party Game Room". This is mostly done for noise reasons. People playing party style games at a reasonable decibel level are still more than welcome in the main ballroom. The other 2 rooms we are setting aside for games with larger space requirements or longer play times. If you are playing in these rooms, please make sure that you come up to the main ballroom and check in at the front desk first. The small conference rooms will not have the storage tables along their exterior, like the main ballroom does.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 10, 2011
              Yep the 29th. I have a set of AdvCiv but it is a patched together one.

              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, sromanowski@... wrote:

              > Yes, Robert, I'm interested in playing AdvCiv. UG is the 29th, right?
              >
              > Scott
              >
              > `-- c8 ]
              >
              > ----- "Robert" <reng@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Anyone else interested in wasting most of the Games Day playing
              > > Advanced Civilization? I would be interested if we can 6 players
              > > together.

            • Scott Romanowski
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2011
                Hi Robert,
                > Yep the 29th. I have a set of AdvCiv but it is a patched together one.

                I can bring my copy of AdvCiv.

                This will be fun; except for the computer version, I haven't played it
                in years.

                --
                Scott

                `-- c8 ]
              • Chris Dour
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 13, 2011
                  I'm definitely interested in playing Advance Civ, but as this will be my first
                  UG, I kinda wanted to take the day and check everything out, play some new
                  games, meet some new people, etc. How about getting together some other day to
                  play Advanced Civ? I've got a copy, and would be willing to play most weekends
                  that I'm not already busy doing something else . . .

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 13, 2011
                    One of the main, if not THE main, idea behind the creation of the UG list way back in 2000 was that it would allow folks to organize game sessions outside of any particular game group.

                    As the list has grown it's become more difficult to do this as it's grown from a band of interconnected friends to 100s of individuals scattered across the New England area.

                    Which brings me to my point, the UG event is a good way to actually meet some of these folks and turn strangers into at least acquaintances. That *should* make organizing a private little get together to play Advanced Civilization (which is a great idea btw) a little bit easier.

                    In short, it's another good reason to come to Unity Games!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 21, 2011
                      I completely understand. Unfortunately I am out in Western Mass so don't head out east too often.