Game Day at The Buttery (Dorchester MA) this Sunday, December 12

  • Mark J Dulcey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2010
      GAME DAY AT THE BUTTERY

      After two months of exile, Game Sunday returns to The Buttery!

      Hello all,

      Our monthly series of game days is resuming! This year, like last, it
      will be the SECOND Sunday of each month, not the third Sunday, until
      April. We're not yet decided about May.

      We will be opening the doors at 1pm. New games will start throughout the
      day so it's fine to arrive later if you want to.

      Who: Anyone who enjoys playing board games, word games, cards, chess,
      checkers, backgammon, silly games, etc.

      When: SECOND Sunday of each month, September through April, starting at
      1pm, and continuing until late. (Things usually break up somewhere
      between 10pm and midnight.) This month, it's December 12.

      Where:The Buttery, Dorchester MA 02124. Contact me for directions.

      What: Games such as mentioned above. Your favorite games, if you bring
      them and others want to play. We have several tables for simultaneous
      gaming, including one large table. We also have plenty of floor space
      for games that need to spread out, such as naval battles, Sorcerer's
      Cave (I don't think anybody has played that for years, but we DO have
      enough room for it), etc. We can provide small rooms for Diplomacy
      negotiations.

      Why: Just for the fun of it, of course!

      GROUND RULES:

      Absolutely no smoking! No animals other than service animals.

      We'll supply some soft drinks and chips. If you need your favorite snack
      or tipple to enjoy yourself, feel free to bring it -- but no hard
      liquor, please.

      Some time in the evening, we'll send out for pizza and/or other snacks.
      Be prepared to pay for your share. If you prefer, you can bring your own
      food; we have a microwave oven available to reheat it.

      Well behaved children of all ages are welcome, but the house is NOT
      childproof. Children too young to join in the general games are
      encouraged to bring their own quiet amusements or books. Children who
      distract or annoy their parents and/or other gamers are not particularly
      welcome.

      Since the first games will form up about 1:00 pm, arriving then will
      increase your chances of getting in on a game you like. If you're
      looking to play a long game (18xx, the Silverton campaign game,
      Civilization, Source of the Nile...) you'll definitely want to arrive at
      1, and perhaps recruit a few like-minded people before you arrive. But
      if you can't come until later in the day, you're still welcome; new
      games start throughout the afternoon and evening.

      Questions? Comments? Write mark@...