Game Sunday NOT at The Buttery (Dorchester MA), Sunday November 14

  • Mark J Dulcey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2010
      GAME DAY AT THE BUTTERY

      Special note!! November's game day will not be at The Buttery, due to
      work being done at the house; it will instead be held a short distance
      away at Melville Keep, Dorchester MA. Contact me for directions if you
      need them. We expect The Buttery to be available again by December.

      Hello all,

      Our monthly series of game days is resuming! This year, like last, it
      will be the SECOND Sunday of each month, not the third Sunday, until
      April. We're not yet decided about May.

      We will be opening the doors at 1pm. New games will start throughout the
      day so it's fine to arrive later if you want to.

      Who: Anyone who enjoys playing board games, word games, cards, chess,
      checkers, backgammon, silly games, etc.

      When: SECOND Sunday of each month, September through April, starting at
      1pm, and continuing until late. (Things usually break up somewhere
      between 10pm and midnight.) This month, it's November 14.

      Where:this month, at Melville Keep, Dorchester MA 02124. Contact me for
      directions.

      What: Games such as mentioned above. Your favorite games, if you bring
      them and others want to play. We have several tables for simultaneous
      gaming, including one large table. We also have plenty of floor space
      for games that need to spread out, such as naval battles, Sorcerer's
      Cave, etc. We can provide small rooms for Diplomacy negotiations.

      Why: Just for the fun of it, of course!

      GROUND RULES:

      * Absolutely no smoking! No animals other than service animals.
      * We'll supply some soft drinks and chips. If you need your
      favorite snack or tipple to enjoy yourself, feel free to bring it -- but
      no hard liquor, please.
      * Some time in the evening, we'll send out for pizza and/or other
      snacks. Be prepared to pay for your share. If you prefer, you can bring
      your own food; we have a microwave oven available to reheat it.
      * Well behaved children of all ages are welcome, but the house is
      NOT childproof. Children too young to join in the general games are
      encouraged to bring their own quiet amusements or books. Children who
      distract or annoy their parents and/or other gamers are not particularly
      welcome.

      Since the first games will form up about 1:00 pm, arriving then will
      increase your chances of getting in on a game you like. If you're
      looking to play a long game (18xx, the Silverton campaign game,
      Civilization, Source of the Nile...) you'll definitely want to arrive at
      1, and perhaps recruit a few like-minded people before you arrive. But
      if you can't come until later in the day, you're still welcome; new
      games start throughout the afternoon and evening.

      Questions? Comments? Write mark@...