Re: [Unity_Games] Game convention survey – what do you want in a con?

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 23 11:22 AM
      On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Felix Rodriguez <far3@...> wrote:

      > I find Unity Games to be the perfect event for my desires.
      > Lots of board games, lots of gaming.

      Check's in the mail, Felix!

      -Dave
    • John Flood
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 24 12:18 PM
        We'd have to decide to spend our last few dollars on either  a French maid and the htotest new board game? Dang!

        Setup as UG would be great.  Maybe a larger 'teaching/learning' section?

        Free wine & cheese would go good with the French maids!

        John

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 24 12:40 PM
          Would the French maids be available to look up rules during play?

          Scott

          `-- c8 ]
        • Gemini6Ice
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 24 6:27 PM
            Only if the rules are in French. So for the GIPF series, yes.

          • IGiveIn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 24 9:15 PM
              Je regrette, mais... Unless you're running a game in French not sure
              they could help much...

              What I'd like to see are: Calls for Events about 8 months before.
              Calls for GMs about two months later. Reminders of the con (mentioning
              special guests and any prizes or charities involved) about once per
              month after that, publicity in game, hobby, and comic stores (at least
              a small flier/handbill), up until the month prior then two or three
              more announcements before the fact, ideally mentioning "spotlight
              events".

              Would the French maids be available to look up rules during play?

              Scott

              `-- c8 ]
            • crazycongirl
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 27 6:21 PM
                Wow! And I thought I was bugging people with a few pings on the boards. I guess I could step it up a bit for TotalCon :)

              • IGiveIn@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 28 2:54 AM
                  Wow! And I thought I was bugging people with a few pings on the boards.
                  I guess I could step it up a bit for TotalCon :)

                  You guys (along with Unity itself, but that's kind of a different
                  animal) are among the very few local cons that actually get it right...
                  It's depressing to see how many cons there are that I probably could
                  have gone to (and/or run events at) but I found out the day of the con,
                  or the day of a major deadline, or even just a week before the con when
                  we'd made other plans...

                  Wow! And I thought I was bugging people with a few pings on the boards.
                  I guess I could step it up a bit for TotalCon :)

                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, IGiveIn@... wrote:

                  > Je regrette, mais... Unless you're running a game in French not sure
                  > they could help much...
                  >
                  > What I'd like to see are: Calls for Events about 8 months before.
                  > Calls for GMs about two months later. Reminders of the con
                  (mentioning
                  > special guests and any prizes or charities involved) about once per
                  > month after that, publicity in game, hobby, and comic stores (at
                  least
                  > a small flier/handbill), up until the month prior then two or three
                  > more announcements before the fact, ideally mentioning "spotlight
                  > events".

                • Angelia Heroux
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 28 4:15 PM
                    Thank You! I know you are a very active member in the local gaming community and as such, I value your input greatly.  I sincerely try to balance getting infomation out there without going overboard and getting tuned out.  It's good to know that we are on the right track with some folks and good for other organizers to know as well.  We all try to do the best we can and are always looking for ways to improve.

                    Angelia

                    Wow! And I thought I was bugging people with a few pings on the boards.
                    I guess I could step it up a bit for TotalCon :)

                    --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, IGiveIn@... wrote:

                    > Je regrette, mais... Unless you're running a game in French not sure
                    > they could help much...
                    >
                    > What I'd like to see are: Calls for Events about 8 months before.
                    > Calls for GMs about two months later. Reminders of the con
                    (mentioning
                    > special guests and any prizes or charities involved) about once per
                    > month after that, publicity in game, hobby, and comic stores (at
                    least
                    > a small flier/handbill), up until the month prior then two or three
                    > more announcements before the fact, ideally mentioning "spotlight
                    > events".

                    Recent Activity:

                    New Members 2

                    Visit Your Group

                    MARKETPLACE

                    Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

                    Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

                    .

                  • Kimee
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 24, 2010
                      My 2 cents:

                      I think Unity Games is perfect. I like that there you can find anyone to
                      play a game with, the start line is a great idea. It's organized &
                      spacious. Does this mean there won't be a Unity Games? Is it scheduled for
                      soon? I miss gaming & that is my only chance to.

                      The game room at Arisia way back when it was at the Park Plaza was similar,
                      spacious & friendly. Arisia game room now, is all scheduled games (which I
                      don't like).

                      Kimee