Final Gaming Party reminder (This weekend in Framingham) and NEW RULES

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2010
      I have spent the last 2 days cleaning the house for this weekend's party,
      and I am not happy. I know I have lots of stuff, and it often gets in the
      way, but...

      I have now wasted over two hours looking for stuff that people knocked over
      and put back in the wrong place. I am still missing at least one toy (that
      I know of) from the hallway by the closet. There are also a couple of
      spaces on the shelves upstairs, but I found everything I can specifically
      remember being there. All of the wire shelves have now been put back together.

      As of today, I am going to enforce the following rules for both FRAGS and
      weekend parties.

      1. If you knock something over, pick it up. If you don't know where it came
      from, ASK ME
      2. If you drop popcorn or other food on the floor, PICK IT UP. I have
      enough trouble with lady bugs, I don't need to worry about ants too.
      3. When you are done with a game, PUT IT BACK where it came from. If you
      don't know where it came from, ASK ME.
      4. When you are done with your drink, put the can or bottle in the
      recycling or the glass in the sink.
      5. When you take the last chip from a package, throw it away.
      6. When you take the last piece of pizza, tear up and throw away the box.
      7. If people can not learn to follow these rules, we will need to find a
      new location for these events.

      I enjoy these parties, but they are as much for you guys as for me, and I
      am getting tired of having to clean up every Friday morning. AND I DO NOT
      TAKE LOSING THINGS WELL!!

      As for the party, things are still on track. Vitas is bringing BUZZ for
      Saturday night, and we will be celebrating 2 birthdays on Saturday. If anybody
      can bring a set of poker chips to supplement mine for the Texas Hold'em
      tournament, that would be helpful.

      Sharon's mom passed away on Monday, so she will not be bringing her veggie
      lasagna, but there will be plenty of food for both vegetarians and
      meatatarians. Additional dinner type stuff for Saturday is appreciated.

      Karyn has decided on next WEDNESDAY night for the mini-golf to celebrate
      Marc's birthday. We will be meeting at the Natick Mall around 6:30. If we can
      get at least 10 people, there will be a discount.

      Also, we need to decide whether we are going to the Shakespeare thing on
      Friday or Saturday of next week.

      We can discuss these at the party, but if you are not able to make it, but
      are interested in one of the other 2 events, please contact me.

      Sorry for being cranky, but I really hate losing things.

      Hope to see many of you this weekend.

      -Matt