Gaming/Movie weekend - July 16th-18th - Reminder / Help request / Misc

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2010
      I guess I haven't been updating often enough - I've had a number of people
      ask me recently when the next party is - so, once again:

      It will start Friday night July 16th at 7:30 and run through Sunday night
      July 18th around midnight.

      As always, the weekend will be filled with board games, card games, party
      games, etc and an assortment of cheesy movies. Weather permitting, we will
      cook Hot Dogs and Hamburgers outside on Saturday night. I will also make
      another batch of chili (The crock pot makes it so much easier, but I have had
      virtually no leftovers the last few times).

      This will be the last party before the construction on the house, but
      hopefully the weather will be good and we can use the table on the porch, and
      maybe even one or two outside.

      Not sure yet what I will be doing for the party game on Saturday night.
      After participating in Aaron Weissblum's small mystery hunt in NH, I was
      inspired to start writing some puzzles again, but I'm not sure if I will make
      this the party game, or do a separate hunt event. There will be at least one
      poker game on Saturday, but I'm still hoping to do something else as well.

      Right now, I've been storing a bunch of my games in the bags donated by Kim
      (thanks, Kim), but I will need to be getting lots more stuff off the
      shelves in preparation for the additional game room and theater additions.

      Some time in late August, I will need 3-4 people to help me box up stuff to
      get it out of harm's way before the construction begins. I'll need
      probably about 4-6 hours of your time on a Saturday or Sunday (then I'll buy
      pizzas). Please let me know if you are willing to help and what days you are
      available. Thank you in advance.

      Lastly, a new 54 hole, glow in the dark, mini-golf course has opened in the
      Natick Mall. It's only $9 for all 54 holes. Sometime in the next month,
      I'd like to get a group together to do this. If you are interested, let me
      know and we'll try to find a day that works for everyone.

      That's it for now. On e or 2 more reminders to follow (for those of you
      with even worse memories than me.)

      -Matt

    • Karl von Laudermann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2010
        I'm interested in the mini golf thing, sounds cool!

        --
        Karl von Laudermann
        karlvonl@...