new in town

  • jaslime
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
      My wife and I are new in town and are looking for places for board gaming. Let me know if there are any people getting together to play some games thanks guys!

      ~Jason
    • jaslime
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
        We are in Beverly, MA

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "jaslime" <j@...> wrote:

        > My wife and I are new in town and are looking for places for board gaming. Let me know if there are any people getting together to play some games thanks guys!
        >
        > ~Jason

      • jaslime
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
          Hah I just realized I need to give more info about ourselves. My name is Jason and my wife's name is Staci. We just moved from Jackson, MS where we played games like Notre Dame, Witches Brew, Endeavor just to name a few. We are now living in Beverly, MA. Please let me know if anyone is having any board game get togethers. Thanks for your time!
          ~Jason

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "jaslime" <j@...> wrote:

          > My wife and I are new in town and are looking for places for board gaming. Let me know if there are any people getting together to play some games thanks guys!
          >
          > ~Jason

        • Jeff Michaud
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
            Hi Jason,

            Welcome to UG! However you don't indicate where you and
            the wife are located :) UG is actually a group of groups and
            the groups are relatively geographically disperse so which
            ones may be best for you....

            Check out

            http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/170885/

            as a possible start or let us know where you are :)

            Jeff

            At 01:48 PM 6/10/2010, you wrote:

            >My wife and I are new in town and are looking for places for board gaming. Let me know if there are any people getting together to play some games thanks guys!
            >
            >~Jason
          • jaslime
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
              i posted where we are the games we play. Sorry about not putting that down the first time.

              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Michaud <jeff.michaud@...> wrote:

              > Hi Jason,
              >
              > Welcome to UG! However you don't indicate where you and
              > the wife are located :) UG is actually a group of groups and
              > the groups are relatively geographically disperse so which
              > ones may be best for you....
              >
              > Check out
              >
              > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/170885/
              >
              > as a possible start or let us know where you are :)
              >
              > Jeff
              >
              > At 01:48 PM 6/10/2010, you wrote:
              > >

              > >My wife and I are new in town and are looking for places for board gaming. Let me know if there are any people getting together to play some games thanks guys!
              > >
              > >~Jason

            • Tery Noseworthy
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
                Hi Jason,

                Welcome to the North Shore!

                There's a monthly group that meets on Saturdays in Peabody - the next one is
                June 19th, so I expect the organizer, Bob Sherer-Hoock will be sending an
                email with the details to the UG list soon. Between 10 and 20 people usually
                show up, and all 3 of those games have been played in recent memory. There's
                a few of us who actually live in the area, too - we live in Gloucester,
                there are others from Salem and Beverly there - so it's a good way to meet
                some area gamers.

                Tery

                --
                "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

              • Victor
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
                  Welcome to the area. I'm in Gloucester. In addition to the Peabody group there is the game store Toys N Things in downtown Danvers. The owner Evan has an open gaming night every Saturday thought it tends to be dominated by Magic players. He also supports this meetup group http://www.meetup.com/boardgame/ We had a meetup a couple of weeks ago in his store, it would be nice to get more people involved. He's had a Settlers and a Dominion tournament there as well.