Re: [Unity_Games] CM vs Torres for SdJ

  • Mark J. Edwards
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2000
      Yep I'll be there.

      Sorry, no Bazaar here.

      Dave Bernazzani wrote:

      > Eddie Campisano <edcamp@...> wrote:
      >
      > >Greetings All!
      > >
      > >Dave mentioned the SdJ and his hope that Torres would win.
      >
      > And so it has. It's been announced that Torres is the winner for SdJ
      > 2000. I'll go send Bruno a consolatory note. I think we are 5 for
      > Monday so Torres is out anyway! Anyone have a copy of Bazaar to
      > bring? I've got Queen's new Silver Dwarves on the way and I've heard
      > some comparisons being drawn between them.
      >
      > --
      > Dave Bernazzani
      > dber@...
      > http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)

      Mark Edwards
      dangermouse@...
    • Craig Massey
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 10, 2000
        Unfortunately, I won't be available for games and B&N
        tonite.

        I should have the full details on conman tomorrow.

        Finally, I'm glad to know my opinion on Torres is
        making a big splash. Thumbscrews, the Iron Maiden,
        and whatever else can be drummed up won't sway me. It
        is a very good game that doesn't pique my interest in
        the slightest.

        I'm a huge knizia fan so normally the thinnest of
        veneers on his games don't phase me a bit, but the
        dryness of Torres crosses my limit. I totally respect
        the game for what it does - it is one of the few to
        use a 3rd dimension well and the card mechanism is an
        excellent one, but it doesn't strike my fancy.

        All this being said - I'll be happy to play it
        whenever and take my beating like a man from all of
        the Torres fans out there.

        Best Regards,
        Craig
        --- Eddie Campisano <edcamp@...> wrote:
        > Greetings All!
        >
        > Craig Massey wrote:
        >
        > > I have played Torres and am not a huge fan of the
        > > game. This is not to say that I don't think it is
        > > good game - I would give it an 7 just on the game
        > > alone, but for me it is terribly dry.
        >
        > BLASPHEMY! ... HERETIC!! ... BURN THE INFIDEL!!!
        >
        > Hey, Craig, it was good to have you at the game
        > session on Saturday and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed
        > yourself. You're welcome back anytime, although you
        > will first have to repent of your evil statement
        > and for penance play a game of Torres, lose badly
        > and then humbly rate the game a 10. Otherwise the
        > "Spanish Inquisition" will be forced to deal with
        > you! Bishop Mark, what is the penalty for an
        > unrepentant reprobate?
        >
        > Please give the group some additional details on the
        > Rio Grande game tournament at ConMan. Carol and
        > I haven't been to ConMan in years and last year we
        > missed Total Confusion. I agree that the board
        > game tournaments at these cons have been anemic for
        > years. When Carol and I attend it's almost
        > always to visit the dealers area and play games in
        > the open area. We haven't entered a tournament
        > since our last Contrary convention in 1993! But
        > since you'll be hosting some good games we just may
        > make an effort to play this year. So please send us
        > the details! We are no longer on the ConMan
        > mailing list and haven't received a flyer. Do they
        > have a web page?
        >
        > How many are going to be in attendance at B&N on
        > Monday night? I know of four thus far; Dave, Eddie,
        > Carol and Andrew. Are there any others?
        >
        > Eddie

        =====
        Craig W. Massey
        cwmassey@...

        http://mail.yahoo.com/
      • Craig Massey
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 10, 2000
          AARRRGH!

          So much for the underdog theory.

          Torres is a most deserving winner though, so I'm not
          surprised at all. I can't remember the last time, my
          choice for the SdJ actually won.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 10, 2000
            Andrew,
            Where's the link to the new site?

            Mark

            AndAgainMA@... wrote:

            > Torres won the SdJ, so there!
            >
            > Another announcement: I now have a young (immature?) games web site. I'll be
            > adding to it this evening essential things like a link to Dave's SSG page.
            > (Maybe Dave will return the favor!) My site currently has fewer reviews than
            > Dave's but one more than Mark's.
            >
            > Typing of Mark, I believe that he will be at B&N tomorrow evening.
            >
            > Looking out at the Torres-ential rain,
            >
            > Andrew.

            > Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
            > experiments.

            Mark Edwards
            dangermouse@...