Re: Open Gaming on Cape Cod!

  • xyzhiker
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2010
      Any chance that this club still meets? I know it's almost a decade-old post. I live up near the Sagamore Bridge on the land-side and was looking for something going on around here. Started playing Crokinole a few weeks ago, have board will bring. Also a patzer chess player, love the Gigamic games (quarto, etc.), Cribbage, Backgammon, Spades, etc.

      I'll poke around the site a little more later.

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "David Fontes" <dfontes@...> wrote:

      > It's official! Barnes & Noble in Hyannis is having a game night! At this
      > point it is just once a month, the second Monday. Monday would not have been
      > my choice, but I guess the Events Coordinator figured she'd copy what was
      > going on in Walpole.
      >
      > >From the April calendar:
      > April 8th, Monday, 7:00-10:00 pm
      > Game Night
      > Join us in the Café for an informal evening of games and fun. Bring your own
      > or choose one from our basket of games.
      >
      > Anyway, just in case there is anyone on the list interested in coming to
      > this (I doubt there are many of you who are closer to Hyannis than to
      > Walpole!), the Barnes & Noble is in the Cape Cod Mall, on Rte 132, a couple
      > of miles south from exit 6 off rte 6. (approx. 15-20 minutes from the
      > Sagamore Bridge). I will be there, and will probably drag my wife Stacey
      > along, too, to ensure I won't be the only person there! If there is anyone
      > out there who might want to come, let me know and I'll provide more detailed
      > directions if necessary.
      >
      > Hopefully some non-Unity local gamers will come out of the woodwork, and I
      > will finally have a closer outlet for my habit than B20! (Not that I would
      > stop coming to B20, too!)
      > -David
      > =====================
      > David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
      > dfontes@...

    • pizio.gaming
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2010
        I don’t know if the group is still active, however Dave is still an active
        Unity member and still down by the Cape.

        It may be a little too much of a drive for you but there is a monthly group
        meeting in Bridgewater near the college. Dave does come up on occasion to
        join us. We meet the second Friday of the month, ie this week. We start
        around 7 with lighter games as people are arriving and play till around
        midnight or a little later. Feel free to stop in and enjoy some BOGS
        gaming. We should have some newer releases available this week as a couple
        of our regulars are freshly back from The Gathering.

        Scott Pizio

        A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar
        hitchhiker can have.

        Don't Panic! - Towel Day is May 25th

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Unity_Games%40yahoogroups.com> ,
        "David Fontes" <dfontes@...> wrote:

        > It's official! Barnes & Noble in Hyannis is having a game night! At this
        > point it is just once a month, the second Monday. Monday would not have
        been
        > my choice, but I guess the Events Coordinator figured she'd copy what was
        > going on in Walpole.
        >
        > >From the April calendar:
        > April 8th, Monday, 7:00-10:00 pm
        > Game Night
        > Join us in the Café for an informal evening of games and fun. Bring your
        own
        > or choose one from our basket of games.
        >
        > Anyway, just in case there is anyone on the list interested in coming to
        > this (I doubt there are many of you who are closer to Hyannis than to
        > Walpole!), the Barnes & Noble is in the Cape Cod Mall, on Rte 132, a
        couple
        > of miles south from exit 6 off rte 6. (approx. 15-20 minutes from the
        > Sagamore Bridge). I will be there, and will probably drag my wife Stacey
        > along, too, to ensure I won't be the only person there! If there is anyone
        > out there who might want to come, let me know and I'll provide more
        detailed
        > directions if necessary.
        >
        > Hopefully some non-Unity local gamers will come out of the woodwork, and I
        > will finally have a closer outlet for my habit than B20! (Not that I would
        > stop coming to B20, too!)
        > -David
        > =====================
        > David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
        > dfontes@...

      • David Fontes
        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2010
          B&N decided to not have an "official" game night, but instead just has a
          few games that they put out for people to use in the cafe whenever they
          want. Of course, without anything official, no one ever shows up. I've
          never seen anybody playing the games they have out. :(

          As Scott said, the closest open gaming for you is probably the
          Bridgewater group. Should be just a little over a half hour drive for
          you, I think. I seem to always have something going on Friday nights, so
          I haven't been up for a while, but it's a great group of gamers and I'd
          encourage you to give it a try, especially if you are interested in
          trying some new games. Looks like you are mostly into more abstract-type
          games than many of us, but you might discover something new that you
          just love!

          -D