Game Sunday at The Buttery (Dorchester MA) this Sunday, April 11

  • Mark J Dulcey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2010
      GAMES AT THE BUTTERY

      Hello all,

      Our monthly series of game days has resumed! This year, by popular
      demand, it will be the SECOND Sunday of each month, not the third
      Sunday, until April. This is the last game day of the season; May just
      had too many conflicts with too many things.

      Another change: we will be opening the doors at 1pm, not 3pm as in the
      past. New games will start throughout the day so it's fine to arrive at
      3pm or even later if you want to.

      Who: Anyone who enjoys playing board games, word games, cards, chess,
      checkers, backgammon, silly games, etc.

      When: SECOND Sunday of each month, September through April, starting at
      1pm, and continuing until late. (Things usually break up somewhere
      between 10pm and midnight.) This month, it's April 11.

      Where: Here at The Buttery, Dorchester MA. Reply for maps and directions

      What: Games such as mentioned above. Your favorite games, if you bring
      them and others want to play. We have several tables for simultaneous
      gaming, including one large table. We also have plenty of floor space
      for games that need to spread out, such as naval battles, Sorcerer's
      Cave, etc. We can provide small rooms for Diplomacy negotiations.

      Why: Just for the fun of it, of course!

      GROUND RULES:

      * Absolutely no smoking! No animals other than service animals.

      * We'll supply some soft drinks and chips. If you need your favorite
      snack or tipple to enjoy yourself, feel free to bring it -- but no hard
      liquor, please.

      * Some time in the evening, we'll send out for pizza and/or other
      snacks. Be prepared to pay for your share. If you prefer, you can bring
      your own food; we have a microwave oven available to reheat it.

      * Well behaved children of all ages are welcome, but the house is NOT
      childproof. Children too young to join in the general games are
      encouraged to bring their own quiet amusements or books. Children who
      distract or annoy their parents and/or other gamers are not particularly
      welcome.

      Since the first games will form up about 1:00 pm, arriving then will
      increase your chances of getting in on a game you like. If you're
      looking to play a long game (18xx, the Silverton campaign game,
      Civilization, Source of the Nile...) you'll definitely want to arrive at
      1, and perhaps recruit a few like-minded people before you arrive. But
      if you can't come until later in the day, you're still welcome; new
      games start throughout the afternoon and evening.

      Questions? Comments? Write mark@...