Game Sunday at The Buttery (Dorchester MA) this Sunday, March 14

  • Mark J Dulcey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2010
      GAMES AT THE BUTTERY

      Hello all,

      Our monthly series of game days has resumed! This year, by popular
      demand, it will be the SECOND Sunday of each month, not the third
      Sunday, until April. The second Sunday of May will conflict with
      Mother's Day and Lilac Sunday so we will NOT be holding game day on May
      9. We may hold one on May 16; stay tuned.

      Another change: we will be opening the doors at 1pm, not 3pm as in the
      past. New games will start throughout the day so it's fine to arrive at
      3pm or even later if you want to.

      Who: Anyone who enjoys playing board games, word games, cards, chess,
      checkers, backgammon, silly games, etc.

      When: SECOND Sunday of each month, September through April, starting at
      1pm, and continuing until late. (Things usually break up somewhere
      between 10pm and midnight.) This month, it's March 14.

      Where: Here at The Buttery, Dorchester MA. Reply for maps and directions.

      What: Games such as mentioned above. Your favorite games, if you bring
      them and others want to play. We have several tables for simultaneous
      gaming, including one large table. We also have plenty of floor space
      for games that need to spread out, such as naval battles, Sorcerer's
      Cave, etc. We can provide small rooms for Diplomacy negotiations.

      Why: Just for the fun of it, of course!

      GROUND RULES:

      * Absolutely no smoking! No animals other than service animals.
      * We'll supply some soft drinks and chips. If you need your
      favorite snack or tipple to enjoy yourself, feel free to bring it -- but
      no hard liquor, please.
      * Some time in the evening, we'll send out for pizza and/or other
      snacks. Be prepared to pay for your share. If you prefer, you can bring
      your own food; we have a microwave oven available to reheat it.
      * Well behaved children of all ages are welcome, but the house is
      NOT childproof. Children too young to join in the general games are
      encouraged to bring their own quiet amusements or books. Children who
      distract or annoy their parents and/or other gamers are not particularly
      welcome.

      Since the first games will form up about 1:00 pm, arriving then will
      increase your chances of getting in on a game you like. If you're
      looking to play a long game (18xx, the Silverton campaign game,
      Civilization, Source of the Nile...) you'll definitely want to arrive at
      1, and perhaps recruit a few like-minded people before you arrive. But
      if you can't come until later in the day, you're still welcome; new
      games start throughout the afternoon and evening.

      Questions? Comments? Write mark@...