Re: [Unity_Games] Toys N Things Community Boardaming moves to Saturdays

  • Craig B
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
      Seconded. I could never make Thursday nights, as that's my normal game night, but I should be able to make Saturday. Also, do participants bring their own games or does the store have a selection to play?

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
        Hey Jeff,

        Right now we are looking at between 4 and 5PM for games to get started. As
        always it depends on people's schedules and what they are interested in
        playing. Also the ToysNThings.Net is not the right link because it's the "old
        store"=) We are currently using Facebook to list our events and other store
        activities. The link is:
        _http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-MA/Toys-N-Things/130396224334_
        (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-MA/Toys-N-Things/130396224334)

        Thanks,

        Evan
        Toys N Things

        a message dated 11/2/2009 6:04:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

        At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
        > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
        Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
        beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some Euro style
        games and don't have anything else planned; come play different boardgames
        with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

        >Thanks
        >
        >Toys N Things

        Groups Links

      • EJames1790@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
          The answer is both. Currently our library consists of Martian Rails, Euro
          Rails, Agricola, Arabian Nights, Monopoly (where'd that come from:)) Royal
          Palace, Ubongo, Three Commandments, Ruse & Bruise, and To Court the King. I
          can also add the newest version of Talisman (by Fantasy Flight) and can
          pull a copy of Dominion Seaside off the shelf since we have an extra. Folks
          are also welcome to bring their own games to play. Our last game night saw a
          Through the Ages game go all the way to the end. So don't be concerned
          about games that take a while to play.

          Evan J.
          Toys N Things

          At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
          > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
          Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
          beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some Euro style
          games and don't have anything else planned; come play different boardgames
          with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

          >Thanks
          >
          >Toys N Things

          Groups Links

          Groups Links

        • Craig B
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
            Just as an FYI, you'll need the base set or Intrigue as well, as Seaside has no treasure or point cards. lot I haven't played there too, so cool. What time?

            ________________________________

            At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
            > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
            Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
            beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some Euro style
            games and don't have anything else planned; come play different boardgames
            with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

            >Thanks
            >
            >Toys N Things

            Groups Links

            Groups Links

          • Jeff Michaud
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
              Hi Evan,

              Sorry if I wasn't clear... when I said "hours" I didn't
              mean just start time but the time window... ie. start
              and end... if it's only a couple hours then it's good
              for local folks but most of the folks on the UG list
              aren't going to drive 45 minutes each way :) if it's
              4-5pm til 11pm+ then some of us will :)

              This is a direct reply to you, didn't want to clog up the
              list but I do suggest giving more info, UG is a wide
              spread group... NH down to RI and CT out to western MA,
              it's why UG's con's themselves get 350+ folks

              Jeff

            • IGiveIn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
                Hmm - if my wife ever works a Saturday Evening shift again, I'll be
                there...

                Would be nice to have a chance to actually PLAY some of the board games
                (like Maul of America or Great Space Race) that I've acquired over the
                years, or to learn some new ones (would love to, for example, try out
                Arkham Horror)

                At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
                > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
                Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
                beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some
                Euro style
                games and don't have anything else planned; come play different
                boardgames
                with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

                >Thanks
                >
                >Toys N Things

              • ToysNThings Danvers
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
                  Arkham is one we are getting a demo copy of as soon as FFG has them back in stock.

                  At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
                  > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
                  Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
                  beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some
                  Euro style
                  games and don't have anything else planned; come play different
                  boardgames
                  with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

                  >Thanks
                  >
                  >Toys N Things

                • ToysNThings Danvers
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                    Wanted to let people know that we got demo copies of Britannia and the new Cosmic Encounter. Both will be available to play next week.