Toys N Things Community Boardaming moves to Saturdays

  • ToysNThings
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
      After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests, Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some Euro style games and don't have anything else planned; come play different boardgames with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

      Thanks

      Toys N Things
    • Jeff Michaud
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
        Out of curiosity what hours would it be when it moves to
        Saturday's?

        Looks like you are located in Danvers (MA) if anyone else
        was now curious...

        http://www.toysnthings.net/

        Jeff

        At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
        > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests, Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some Euro style games and don't have anything else planned; come play different boardgames with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >Toys N Things
      • Craig B
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
          Seconded. I could never make Thursday nights, as that's my normal game night, but I should be able to make Saturday. Also, do participants bring their own games or does the store have a selection to play?

          ________________________________

        • EJames1790@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
            Hey Jeff,

            Right now we are looking at between 4 and 5PM for games to get started. As
            always it depends on people's schedules and what they are interested in
            playing. Also the ToysNThings.Net is not the right link because it's the "old
            store"=) We are currently using Facebook to list our events and other store
            activities. The link is:
            _http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-MA/Toys-N-Things/130396224334_
            (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-MA/Toys-N-Things/130396224334)

            Thanks,

            Evan
            Toys N Things

            a message dated 11/2/2009 6:04:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

            At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
            > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
            Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
            beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some Euro style
            games and don't have anything else planned; come play different boardgames
            with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

            >Thanks
            >
            >Toys N Things

            Groups Links

          • EJames1790@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
              The answer is both. Currently our library consists of Martian Rails, Euro
              Rails, Agricola, Arabian Nights, Monopoly (where'd that come from:)) Royal
              Palace, Ubongo, Three Commandments, Ruse & Bruise, and To Court the King. I
              can also add the newest version of Talisman (by Fantasy Flight) and can
              pull a copy of Dominion Seaside off the shelf since we have an extra. Folks
              are also welcome to bring their own games to play. Our last game night saw a
              Through the Ages game go all the way to the end. So don't be concerned
              about games that take a while to play.

              Evan J.
              Toys N Things

              At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
              > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
              Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
              beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some Euro style
              games and don't have anything else planned; come play different boardgames
              with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

              >Thanks
              >
              >Toys N Things

              Groups Links

              Groups Links

            • Craig B
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
                Just as an FYI, you'll need the base set or Intrigue as well, as Seaside has no treasure or point cards. lot I haven't played there too, so cool. What time?

                ________________________________

                At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
                > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
                Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
                beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some Euro style
                games and don't have anything else planned; come play different boardgames
                with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

                >Thanks
                >
                >Toys N Things

                Groups Links

                Groups Links

              • Jeff Michaud
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
                  Hi Evan,

                  Sorry if I wasn't clear... when I said "hours" I didn't
                  mean just start time but the time window... ie. start
                  and end... if it's only a couple hours then it's good
                  for local folks but most of the folks on the UG list
                  aren't going to drive 45 minutes each way :) if it's
                  4-5pm til 11pm+ then some of us will :)

                  This is a direct reply to you, didn't want to clog up the
                  list but I do suggest giving more info, UG is a wide
                  spread group... NH down to RI and CT out to western MA,
                  it's why UG's con's themselves get 350+ folks

                  Jeff

                • IGiveIn@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
                    Hmm - if my wife ever works a Saturday Evening shift again, I'll be
                    there...

                    Would be nice to have a chance to actually PLAY some of the board games
                    (like Maul of America or Great Space Race) that I've acquired over the
                    years, or to learn some new ones (would love to, for example, try out
                    Arkham Horror)

                    At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
                    > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
                    Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
                    beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some
                    Euro style
                    games and don't have anything else planned; come play different
                    boardgames
                    with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

                    >Thanks
                    >
                    >Toys N Things

                  • ToysNThings Danvers
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
                      Arkham is one we are getting a demo copy of as soon as FFG has them back in stock.

                      At 05:10 PM 11/2/2009, you wrote:
                      > After speaking with a number of players and getting several requests,
                      Toys N Things is moving our Community Boardgaming Night to Saturdays
                      beginning the weekend of Nov 14th. So if you are looking to play some
                      Euro style
                      games and don't have anything else planned; come play different
                      boardgames
                      with new and experienced boardgamers in our open gaming area.

                      >Thanks
                      >
                      >Toys N Things

                    • ToysNThings Danvers
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                        Wanted to let people know that we got demo copies of Britannia and the new Cosmic Encounter. Both will be available to play next week.