Re: [Unity_Games] "New" Wizard game from U.S. Games and an historical note

  • pldr
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5 12:24 AM
      I assume Dave will buy his usual 20 or 30 decks in his next order.

      Incidentally, September 27 marks the 10th anniversary of Dave, Jen,
      Dan Miller, and myself meeting in Barnes & Noble. This meeting was
      the first for South Shore Gamers, and the beginning of Unity Games.
      I have always said that if either Dan or myself had not gone, Dave
      would
      have dropped the whole idea.

      Pete de Rosa

      ----------
      From: W. Eric Martin <wericmartin@...>
      To: Unity Games <Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Unity_Games] "New" Wizard game from U.S. Games
      Date: Friday, September 04, 2009 11:05 PM

      I don't know how I missed this earlier, but U.S. Games Systems is
      bringing
      the fantasy version of Ken Fisher's Wizard – the version published by
      Amigo
      in Germany – to the U.S. Here's the web page:
      http://www.usgamesinc.com/product.php?productid=1078&cat=0&page=1

      Is that a joyous scream from Dave B. that I hear?

      Eric

      --
      W. Eric Martin
      Editor – http://BoardgameNews.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5 3:38 AM
        On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM, pldr<pldr@...> wrote:
        > I have always said that if either Dan or myself had not gone, Dave
        > would have dropped the whole idea.

        What's even more impressive is that I continued even _after_ I met you.

        At dinner that night (before we first met), Jenn and I were talking
        about meeting people you found on the internet and she said "isn't
        this how people die?".

        Heh.

        -Dave
      • pldr
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6 12:13 AM
          Of course Jenn can be pretty scary. I was the one who should
          have been worried.

          Pete

          ----------
          > From: Dave Bernazzani <daveber@...>
          > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] "New" Wizard game from U.S. Games and an
          historical note
          > Date: Saturday, September 05, 2009 6:38 AM

          On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM, pldr<pldr@...> wrote:
          > I have always said that if either Dan or myself had not gone, Dave
          > would have dropped the whole idea.

          What's even more impressive is that I continued even _after_ I met
          you.

          At dinner that night (before we first met), Jenn and I were talking
          about meeting people you found on the internet and she said "isn't
          this how people die?".

          Heh.

          -Dave
        • ToysNThings Danvers
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6 8:07 AM
            Is that why they say the internet imitates life?

            E.J.