Pandemonium Gaming, 8/26/2009, 6:30 pm

  • Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25 3:26 PM
      Reminder from: Unity_Games Yahoo! Group

      Title: Pandemonium Gaming

      Date: Wednesday August 26, 2009
      Time: 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every other week.
      Location: Pandemonium Books, at 4 Pleasant Street, Cambridge
      Notes: Gaming starts at 6:30 and will run until 11PM when the doors close.
      Pandemonium Books, at 4 Pleasant Street, Cambridge. Their web site is
      www.pandemoniumbooks.com.

    • Craig B
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25 4:11 PM
        For those on the North Shore, some interesting news. While getting a haircut in downtown Danvers, I passed by what used to be a local toys store. Apparently, either it was sold or the owner is changing it all around because, according to the signs in the window, they're going to be a games store now. It looked like they're keeping the name "Toys N Things," but would be offering more games and CCG's and already had a board up advertising upcoming YuGiOh, D&D, and Martian Rails events as well as open gaming.

        Not sure when they're going to be open, but based on progress when I peeked in the wondow, I'm guessing a few weeks or less.

      • Reis Hansen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25 7:03 PM
          I actually am in a D&D group with the owner's girlfriend and he posts on the
          BG list. I believe they will be open soon (I actually thought they were
          already open - my DM bought Adventurer's Vault 2 from him) and are planning
          a D&D Game Day for the release of DMG2. Your perception of the store seems
          right on from what he's told me about it, too - a toy store with a big
          selection of "gamers' games."

          -Reis

          On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Craig B <gilby123@...> wrote:

          > For those on the North Shore, some interesting news. While getting a
          > haircut in downtown Danvers, I passed by what used to be a local toys store.
          > Apparently, either it was sold or the owner is changing it all around
          > because, according to the signs in the window, they're going to be a games
          > store now. It looked like they're keeping the name "Toys N Things," but
          > would be offering more games and CCG's and already had a board up
          > advertising upcoming YuGiOh, D&D, and Martian Rails events as well as open
          > gaming.
          >
          > Not sure when they're going to be open, but based on progress when I peeked
          > in the wondow, I'm guessing a few weeks or less.

        • ToysNThings Danvers
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 25 8:33 PM
            Thanks for the plug!:)

            We actually are planning to have a Martian Rails Demo and open gaming night sometime next week (probably Friday), but did not want to set a date until we actually get our order from Mayfair. We are calling the demo a "pre-opening" event as there still might be some last minute things that need to be done before we officially open.

            Unity folks who take part in the demo get a ten percent discount(10%) on anything you buy except beverages. We only ask that you have an active (not bouncing) email address on the list. (the store has WiFi (which customers can use) so we can check:))