Game Day on the North Shore

  • Bob Scherer-Hoock
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 6:48 PM
      Looking for a game group north of Boston?

      The Peabody Gamers meet once a month on a Saturday, from 12 noon until 11 p.m. for a full-day of gaming. Cost is $5 per person per session. Next game day is Aug. 15

      Space is limited to about 30 people, but lately we haven't been approaching that number, so if you're interested, please email me at bobshoock (at) gmail.com, and I'll send full details. But the basics are this:

      We run this in a "Gathering of Friends"/"Unity Games" style where people bring their board games to share and place them on the periphery of the room for anyone to use.

      Several gaming tables are in action at once. Games played are generally the Euro style, with the occasional party game or so-called Ameritrash game thrown in. (Not much evidence of war games or role-playing games in recent years.)

      People are, of course, free to come for all or part of the 11-hour session. The starting and closing times are fairly strict, however, as we rent the space and the hours are in the contract.

      There is a kitchen adjacent to the gaming area with a refrigerator and microwave, and a smattering or eateries in walking distance. There is a snack table set up in the room, and people often bring food to share - some healthy, some not so healthy. I usually bring a couple 12-packs of soda for the frig that people are welcome to dip into, as there are no vending machines or such.

      No smoking; no alcoholic beverages.

      Again, if interested please email me.

      Bob Scherer-Hoock