Wallacepalooza I

  • Andrew Young
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 11:33 AM
      Hi to Unity,

      GBG is a local boardgaming group that meets about 5 times a month.  We play all sorts of games from war simulations to Euros.  Please see the guild site at bgg:

      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/407943

      Concept: Wallace games in a tourney format with the winner being crowned Dr. Who, for his intense mental power and endurance.

      1st Prize: New Copy of a Wallace Game signed by Mr. Wallace.

      Format: Need to figure this out depending upon numbers/rounds, etc. Tiebreakers could be VPs in all games, etc. We'll see.  But, the thought is a set number of rounds, everyone playing the same game in a round.  Games that will be played- Age of Steam, Brass, Automobile, Liberte, Struggle of Empires, et al

      Date: Saturday Sept 12th with the semi and finals on Sunday the 13th.

      Where:  My basement, big enough for a small tourney.  If numbers get larger we will have to charge a fee and rent a hall.  Shouldn't be tough.

      We have many interested now.  We'd like to have 20+ people but under 30.  If you are interested please jump on the guild and/or email me.  I'll need to record DEFINITE people as numbers will be crucial to the format's integrity.

      Thanks,

      Andy