RE: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
      Well, it is more than 6 months away, but less then 7.

      The hotel was already booked for a number of weekends. Between Jan 1 and the start of the February school vacations, they only had 3 Saturdays where the entire ballroom was available for the whole day.

      > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      > From: jeff.michaud@...
      > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:10:06 -0400
      > Subject: RE: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?
      >
      > Wow, that's great to have a date this far in advance!
      > I think that's kind of rare as some hotels from my
      > experience wouldn't let me reserve more than a month
      > ahead as they'd prefer to wait to see if they can fill the
      > calendar with weddings and such that also give significant
      > catering income which I'm sure are more lucrative.
      >
      > When you say 6 months away hopefully that's more like
      > 7 months :)
      >
      > In any case, thanks again Adam and the rest of the UG
      > organizers for your hard work. See you all in around 6 months!
      >
      > Jeff
      >
      > At 10:47 AM 7/13/2009, you wrote:
      > >Yes, a date and time have been agreed upon. A hotel contract is already signed for Unity Games 16. We were very pleased with the Woburn Hilton and look forward to returning there for many future events.
      > >
      > >We are waiting until the website for UG16 is fully updated before we make any official announcements. This shouldn't be a problem, as UG16 is still 6 months away. Hopefully the website will be up and running soon.

    • Brian Benston
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
        Der.  Didn't see the "6" portion of "months away".  So I guess I have plenty of time to save up points! :)

        ________________________________
        Well, it is more than 6 months away, but less then 7.

        The hotel was already booked for a number of weekends. Between Jan 1 and the start of the February school vacations, they only had 3 Saturdays where the entire ballroom was available for the whole day.

        > To: Unity_Games@ yahoogroups. com
        > From: jeff.michaud@ singlesclub. org
        > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:10:06 -0400
        > Subject: RE: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?
        >
        > Wow, that's great to have a date this far in advance!
        > I think that's kind of rare as some hotels from my
        > experience wouldn't let me reserve more than a month
        > ahead as they'd prefer to wait to see if they can fill the
        > calendar with weddings and such that also give significant
        > catering income which I'm sure are more lucrative.
        >
        > When you say 6 months away hopefully that's more like
        > 7 months :)
        >
        > In any case, thanks again Adam and the rest of the UG
        > organizers for your hard work. See you all in around 6 months!
        >
        > Jeff
        >
        > At 10:47 AM 7/13/2009, you wrote:
        > >Yes, a date and time have been agreed upon. A hotel contract is already signed for Unity Games 16. We were very pleased with the Woburn Hilton and look forward to returning there for many future events.
        > >
        > >We are waiting until the website for UG16 is fully updated before we make any official announcements. This shouldn't be a problem, as UG16 is still 6 months away. Hopefully the website will be up and running soon.

      • Craig B
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
          Ahh. Didn't know that one closed, but then didn't make it down there much.

          Overall, it sounds like this was a win-win move for all involved!

          ________________________________
          From: Craig B <gilby123@...>
          To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 3:29 PM

          Wow...surprising. I saw the former owner, Rob, at a Magic event yesterday... I guess he must be looking to focus more on his game company. I know they have or had another store in Providence. Wonder if they sold that one too.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
            So I assume that the summer event is on hiatus again. Is this because the
            summer attendance is lower or due to a lack of space?

            Scott Pizio

            -- Edgar Allan Poe