Re: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?

  • Brian Benston
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13 7:54 AM
      Ah.  Is this still the early September timeframe, or something like that?

      I'm just trying to see how many marital points I need to save up in order for my wife to take both of our small children off to their grandparents for the day...

      Thanks for the update,

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 13 8:23 AM
        Well, it is more than 6 months away, but less then 7.

        The hotel was already booked for a number of weekends. Between Jan 1 and the start of the February school vacations, they only had 3 Saturdays where the entire ballroom was available for the whole day.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 13 8:32 AM
          Der.  Didn't see the "6" portion of "months away".  So I guess I have plenty of time to save up points! :)

          ________________________________
          Well, it is more than 6 months away, but less then 7.

          The hotel was already booked for a number of weekends. Between Jan 1 and the start of the February school vacations, they only had 3 Saturdays where the entire ballroom was available for the whole day.

          > To: Unity_Games@ yahoogroups. com
          > From: jeff.michaud@ singlesclub. org
          > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:10:06 -0400
          > Subject: RE: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?
          >
          > Wow, that's great to have a date this far in advance!
          > I think that's kind of rare as some hotels from my
          > experience wouldn't let me reserve more than a month
          > ahead as they'd prefer to wait to see if they can fill the
          > calendar with weddings and such that also give significant
          > catering income which I'm sure are more lucrative.
          >
          > When you say 6 months away hopefully that's more like
          > 7 months :)
          >
          > In any case, thanks again Adam and the rest of the UG
          > organizers for your hard work. See you all in around 6 months!
          >
          > Jeff
          >
          > At 10:47 AM 7/13/2009, you wrote:
          > >Yes, a date and time have been agreed upon. A hotel contract is already signed for Unity Games 16. We were very pleased with the Woburn Hilton and look forward to returning there for many future events.
          > >
          > >We are waiting until the website for UG16 is fully updated before we make any official announcements. This shouldn't be a problem, as UG16 is still 6 months away. Hopefully the website will be up and running soon.

        • Craig B
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 13 9:13 AM
            Ahh. Didn't know that one closed, but then didn't make it down there much.

            Overall, it sounds like this was a win-win move for all involved!

            ________________________________
            From: Craig B <gilby123@...>
            To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 3:29 PM

            Wow...surprising. I saw the former owner, Rob, at a Magic event yesterday... I guess he must be looking to focus more on his game company. I know they have or had another store in Providence. Wonder if they sold that one too.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 13 4:59 PM
              So I assume that the summer event is on hiatus again. Is this because the
              summer attendance is lower or due to a lack of space?

              Scott Pizio

              -- Edgar Allan Poe