RE: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
      Yes, a date and time have been agreed upon. A hotel contract is already signed for Unity Games 16. We were very pleased with the Woburn Hilton and look forward to returning there for many future events.

      We are waiting until the website for UG16 is fully updated before we make any official announcements. This shouldn't be a problem, as UG16 is still 6 months away. Hopefully the website will be up and running soon.

      -Adam

      > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      > From: bbenston@...
      > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:26:08 -0700
      > Subject: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?
      >
      > Hiya --
      >
      > Forgive the naive question, but -- has a date and time for Unity been agreed upon? I'm assuming it's the same location as last time, but I've seen nothing so far on this list, and the Unity site is silent about it.
      >
      > Inquiring minds want to know,
      >
      > Brian

    • Brian Benston
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
        Ah.  Is this still the early September timeframe, or something like that?

        I'm just trying to see how many marital points I need to save up in order for my wife to take both of our small children off to their grandparents for the day...

        Thanks for the update,

        ________________________________
        Yes, a date and time have been agreed upon. A hotel contract is already signed for Unity Games 16. We were very pleased with the Woburn Hilton and look forward to returning there for many future events.

        We are waiting until the website for UG16 is fully updated before we make any official announcements. This shouldn't be a problem, as UG16 is still 6 months away. Hopefully the website will be up and running soon.

        -Adam

        > To: Unity_Games@ yahoogroups. com
        > From: bbenston@yahoo. com
        > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:26:08 -0700
        > Subject: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?
        >
        > Hiya --
        >
        > Forgive the naive question, but -- has a date and time for Unity been agreed upon? I'm assuming it's the same location as last time, but I've seen nothing so far on this list, and the Unity site is silent about it.
        >
        > Inquiring minds want to know,
        >
        > Brian

      • Jeff Michaud
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
          Wow, that's great to have a date this far in advance!
          I think that's kind of rare as some hotels from my
          experience wouldn't let me reserve more than a month
          ahead as they'd prefer to wait to see if they can fill the
          calendar with weddings and such that also give significant
          catering income which I'm sure are more lucrative.

          When you say 6 months away hopefully that's more like
          7 months :)

          In any case, thanks again Adam and the rest of the UG
          organizers for your hard work. See you all in around 6 months!

          Jeff

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
            Well, it is more than 6 months away, but less then 7.

            The hotel was already booked for a number of weekends. Between Jan 1 and the start of the February school vacations, they only had 3 Saturdays where the entire ballroom was available for the whole day.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
              Der.  Didn't see the "6" portion of "months away".  So I guess I have plenty of time to save up points! :)

              ________________________________
              Well, it is more than 6 months away, but less then 7.

              The hotel was already booked for a number of weekends. Between Jan 1 and the start of the February school vacations, they only had 3 Saturdays where the entire ballroom was available for the whole day.

              > To: Unity_Games@ yahoogroups. com
              > From: jeff.michaud@ singlesclub. org
              > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:10:06 -0400
              > Subject: RE: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?
              >
              > Wow, that's great to have a date this far in advance!
              > I think that's kind of rare as some hotels from my
              > experience wouldn't let me reserve more than a month
              > ahead as they'd prefer to wait to see if they can fill the
              > calendar with weddings and such that also give significant
              > catering income which I'm sure are more lucrative.
              >
              > When you say 6 months away hopefully that's more like
              > 7 months :)
              >
              > In any case, thanks again Adam and the rest of the UG
              > organizers for your hard work. See you all in around 6 months!
              >
              > Jeff
              >
              > At 10:47 AM 7/13/2009, you wrote:
              > >Yes, a date and time have been agreed upon. A hotel contract is already signed for Unity Games 16. We were very pleased with the Woburn Hilton and look forward to returning there for many future events.
              > >
              > >We are waiting until the website for UG16 is fully updated before we make any official announcements. This shouldn't be a problem, as UG16 is still 6 months away. Hopefully the website will be up and running soon.

            • Craig B
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                Ahh. Didn't know that one closed, but then didn't make it down there much.

                Overall, it sounds like this was a win-win move for all involved!

                ________________________________
                From: Craig B <gilby123@...>
                To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 3:29 PM

                Wow...surprising. I saw the former owner, Rob, at a Magic event yesterday... I guess he must be looking to focus more on his game company. I know they have or had another store in Providence. Wonder if they sold that one too.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                  So I assume that the summer event is on hiatus again. Is this because the
                  summer attendance is lower or due to a lack of space?

                  Scott Pizio

                  -- Edgar Allan Poe