Pandemonium bought Your Move

  • Doug Orleans
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 11, 2009
      Pandemonium Books & Games in Central Square just bought Your Move
      Games in Davis Square:

      http://community.livejournal.com/pandemonium_bks/220130.html

      Quite a surprise! I think it will be a good thing, but we'll see.

      --dougorleans@...
    • Dan Blum
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 12, 2009
        I'm amazed they had the money to do so.

        > Pandemonium Books & Games in Central Square just bought Your Move
        > Games in Davis Square:
        >
        > http://community.livejournal.com/pandemonium_bks/220130.html
        >
        > Quite a surprise! I think it will be a good thing, but we'll see.
        >
        > --dougorleans@...

        Dan Blum tool@...
      • Craig B
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 12, 2009
          Wow...surprising. I saw the former owner, Rob, at a Magic event yesterday...I guess he must be looking to focus more on his game company. I know they have or had another store in Providence. Wonder if they sold that one too.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
            The store in Providence closed a few years ago.  I'm glad they worked out a way to keep the store open instead of seeing another loss in the gaming community.

            Sending good wishes for every success as Tyler continues to build his business!

            ____________ _________ _________ __
            Pandemonium Books & Games in Central Square just bought Your Move
            Games in Davis Square:

            http://community. livejournal. com/pandemonium_ bks/220130. html

            Quite a surprise! I think it will be a good thing, but we'll see.

            --dougorleans@ gmail.com

          • Brian Benston
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
              Hiya --

              Forgive the naive question, but -- has a date and time for Unity been agreed upon?  I'm assuming it's the same location as last time, but I've seen nothing so far on this list, and the Unity site is silent about it.

              Inquiring minds want to know,

              Brian

            • Adam Smiles
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                Yes, a date and time have been agreed upon. A hotel contract is already signed for Unity Games 16. We were very pleased with the Woburn Hilton and look forward to returning there for many future events.

                We are waiting until the website for UG16 is fully updated before we make any official announcements. This shouldn't be a problem, as UG16 is still 6 months away. Hopefully the website will be up and running soon.

                -Adam

                > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
                > From: bbenston@...
                > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:26:08 -0700
                > Subject: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?
                >
                > Hiya --
                >
                > Forgive the naive question, but -- has a date and time for Unity been agreed upon? I'm assuming it's the same location as last time, but I've seen nothing so far on this list, and the Unity site is silent about it.
                >
                > Inquiring minds want to know,
                >
                > Brian

              • Brian Benston
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                  Ah.  Is this still the early September timeframe, or something like that?

                  I'm just trying to see how many marital points I need to save up in order for my wife to take both of our small children off to their grandparents for the day...

                  Thanks for the update,

                  ________________________________
                  Yes, a date and time have been agreed upon. A hotel contract is already signed for Unity Games 16. We were very pleased with the Woburn Hilton and look forward to returning there for many future events.

                  We are waiting until the website for UG16 is fully updated before we make any official announcements. This shouldn't be a problem, as UG16 is still 6 months away. Hopefully the website will be up and running soon.

                  -Adam

                  > To: Unity_Games@ yahoogroups. com
                  > From: bbenston@yahoo. com
                  > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:26:08 -0700
                  > Subject: [Unity_Games] date and location for Unity?
                  >
                  > Hiya --
                  >
                  > Forgive the naive question, but -- has a date and time for Unity been agreed upon? I'm assuming it's the same location as last time, but I've seen nothing so far on this list, and the Unity site is silent about it.
                  >
                  > Inquiring minds want to know,
                  >
                  > Brian

                • Jeff Michaud
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                    Wow, that's great to have a date this far in advance!
                    I think that's kind of rare as some hotels from my
                    experience wouldn't let me reserve more than a month
                    ahead as they'd prefer to wait to see if they can fill the
                    calendar with weddings and such that also give significant
                    catering income which I'm sure are more lucrative.

                    When you say 6 months away hopefully that's more like
                    7 months :)

                    In any case, thanks again Adam and the rest of the UG
                    organizers for your hard work. See you all in around 6 months!

                    Jeff

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                      Well, it is more than 6 months away, but less then 7.

                      The hotel was already booked for a number of weekends. Between Jan 1 and the start of the February school vacations, they only had 3 Saturdays where the entire ballroom was available for the whole day.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                        Der.  Didn't see the "6" portion of "months away".  So I guess I have plenty of time to save up points! :)

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                          Ahh. Didn't know that one closed, but then didn't make it down there much.

                          Overall, it sounds like this was a win-win move for all involved!

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 13, 2009
                            So I assume that the summer event is on hiatus again. Is this because the
                            summer attendance is lower or due to a lack of space?

                            Scott Pizio

                            -- Edgar Allan Poe