All-day gaming on the North Shore

  • Bob Scherer-Hoock
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
      Looking for a game group north of Boston?

      The Peabody Gamers meet once a month on a Saturday, from 12 noon until 11 p.m. for a full-day of gaming. Cost is $5 per person per session.

      If you're interested, please email me at bobshoock (at) gmail.com, and I'll send full details (inconveniently enough, I'll be away for a couple of days so it might be a while before I respond), but the basics are this:

      We run this in a "Gathering of Friends"/"Unity Games" style where people bring their board games to share and place them on the periphery of the room for anyone to use.

      Several gaming tables are in action at once. Games played are generally the Euro style, with the occasional party game or so-called Ameritrash game thrown in. (Not much evidence of war games or role-playing games in recent years.)

      People are, of course, free to come for all or part of the 11-hour session. The closing time is fairly strict, however.

      We have room for about 30 people, hence the lack of specifics about location - I can't afford to post here and have 300 people show up like at Unity Games. So I'll email official invitations (with directions) in the order I receive inquiries until I reach our capacity.

      There is a kitchen adjacent to the gaming area with a refrigerator and microwave, and a smattering or eateries in walking distance. There is a snack table set up in the room, and people often bring food to share - some healthy some not so healthy. I usually bring a couple 12-packs of soda for the frig that people are welcome to dip into, as there are no vending machines or such.

      No smoking; no alcoholic beverages on site.

      Again, if interested please email me.

      Bob Scherer-Hoock
    • Greg Zekser
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
        Greetings Bob,

        I would like to make it up in August if you don't have all your spots filled.

        Let me know!

        Greg Zekser

        To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009
          Hello:

          I live in Newburyport and I am interested........Any chance of starting earlier Sat morning if there is interest? Where are you in Peabody?

          Thanks,
          Rick Northey