Local Wargaming Group and 7/11/9 Event

  • Mark Kolenski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2009
      Resending as we get closer to the 7/11 event ...

      Reminder that we have a wargaming group centered around North Andover (inlandNorth Shore near where 93 hits 495). Well, it's more a loose association than a group at this point. We don't have regular meetings, but we have a yahoo groupwhere we set up opponents etc.:

      http://games. groups.yahoo. com/group/ shwowg/

      If you have an interest in wargaming, please join the group. We have members from all over the world, so you don't need to be local.

      We are planning a get-together to play wargames (or even wargamish-Euro' s ;-) ) in North Andover on 7/11/9 (probably at my house), starting in the morning (10am) and going all day. There is interest in multi-player "Conflict of Heroes" (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/ boardgame/ 24800) and "Britannia" (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/ boardgame/ 240), but that's not carved in stone. Food will be provided ...

      Hope to see you there ... Come even if you don't know those games or are new to wargames or just want to check them out. We will be teaching. Observers are welcome also or just bring your favorite games for show-and-tell. RSVP to me or join the group and post and I'll send you directions. Please let me know if you may come so we can plan space, although last-minute drop-ins will be welcome also. You can come any time during the day. Feel free to forward this notice to other groups or individuals who might be interested.

      Thanks,

      Mark Kolenski