Silver Kingdom Renaissance Festival Second Weekend Jun 13-14

  • harald@yeoldecommons.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2009
      Middle of the Faire Update:

      Record Attendance – For the first weekend, the Faire was booming! We were fortunate to have great weather, and an even greater audience, with hundreds of folks coming to see our vendors, entertainment, and performances!

      Check out pictures @ http://www.kingdomfestival.com/gallery.php

      Stunning Entertainment – The Academy of Knightly Arts put on a great show, demonstrating all kinds of armed combat, from poleaxes to broadswords! Merry Mischief, as always, put on quite a few rousing performances, much to the enjoyment of the crowd!

      The Stage is set… - During the first weekend, the tournament for the cup was held as per tradition, but the foul Eclipse appeared in an attempt to become recognized. Now, the tournament cup has been stolen! Varden believes the Summer Champion is to blame… but is that the full story? And what of the Eclipse? All will be revealed during the second weekend!

      2nd Weekend Features:

      o Goode and Malcontent - A Gypsy thrill show: Comedy one-upmanship in a husband and wife team consisting of sword swallowing, fire eating, knife throwing, precision bullwhip cracking. Caution: They’ll need lots of audience participation!

      o Myschyffe Managed – (Saturday only) An a cappella group specializing in medieval and renaissance madrigals, as well as a generous helping of traditional songs of debauchery as sung by pirates and wenches the world over!

      o Will & Rowan - The Isles Bardic Circle consists of local singers, musicians, and other creative folk that come together monthly to share tall tales, good times and great music!

      o Merry Mischief - Once upon a time there were two minstrels. One damsel fair of voice and full of spirit, and one dashing, strong (hey, odor isn't everything!) fellow who met through the fates and spun an acoustic act called "Merry Mischief”! http://merrymischief.net/

      Boffer Tourney

      Welcome warriors! The year of 2009 brings our traditional Boffer Tourney back for its 4th season. Think you are the best at single sword fighting? Or perhaps you are the master of sword and shield? The coming weekend will be your chance to win!

      June 13: One Sword

      June 14: Sword and Shield