Preregistration for Northeast Wars IX Closing March 30th and Other News

  • Tyler Dion
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2009
      All aboard for Northeast Wars IX! We're less than a week out now, as
      the convention kicks off this Friday, April 3rd.

      Preregistration for Northeast Wars closes on Monday, March 30th. This
      is your last chance to get in on the preregistration rate. After then,
      your next chance to register will be at the convention itself for the
      walk-in rate of $50. You can register online at
      http://www.northeastwars.com/register/

      A lot's been going on in the last month as we ramp up for the convention,
      like:

      * We confirmed our guests of honor: Melissa Benson, fantasy artist,
      contributor to Magic: The Gathering and longtime friend of Northeast
      Wars; and Steve Kenson, staff designer for Green Ronin Publishing and
      creator of Mutants & Masterminds. You can read more about them here:
      http://www.northeastwars.com/guests-of-honor/

      * The Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf will benefit from a food drive
      this year. Bring three non-perishable food goods when you check in to
      the convention and receive a ticket for a drawing from the prize fund
      on Saturday evening, with goodies donated by Quarterstaff Games, Steve
      Jackson Games, Chaosium Publishing and others.

      * Friday evening, before the first gaming slot begins at 7:00, all
      attendees are invited to the Essex's tavern for a friendly
      get-together. Some folks will have some games on hand and others will
      be looking to swap cards and minis bits. Stop by for a drink and say
      hello!

      To find out about all this and more, check out the Northeast Wars
      website: http://www.northeastwars.com