Younger serious gamers

  • Judy Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2009
      Hi, I just joined the Unity Games yahoo group on the recommendation of
      Eric Brosius. My son Perry is 6.5 and totally into games; we've just
      graduated to Eurogames (Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Eurorails,
      Dominion) in the past couple of months. His twin sister also plays
      but it's not so much a focus for her.

      I'm kind of looking for other kid gamers for Perry to play with. But
      we don't want to play Candyland anymore... Who out there has
      similarly inclined children for a possible playdate? We live in
      Sharon.

      I've brought him to a few grownup-focussed games parties, but
      non-parents tend to cringe away from his exuberence and be more
      annoyed with his inefficient play and tendency to occasionally try to
      see what cards you have. I don't think he's horrible, but still, he's
      only six...

      Judy Anderson yclept yduJ 'yduJ' rhymes with 'fudge'
      yduJ@..., http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~yduj
    • Tyler Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2009
        I'd love to set something up at Pandemonium Books & Games (a games store in Cambridge MA). We have a huge event space that is pretty much unused on weekday afternoons, as well as a growing collecting of card and board games.

        Please let me know if you are interested. My email is tyler(at)pandemoniumbooks(dot)com.

        Tyler Stewart,
        Owner, Pandemonium Books & Games Inc

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Judy Anderson <yduJ@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I just joined the Unity Games yahoo group on the recommendation of
        > Eric Brosius. My son Perry is 6.5 and totally into games; we've just
        > graduated to Eurogames (Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Eurorails,
        > Dominion) in the past couple of months. His twin sister also plays
        > but it's not so much a focus for her.
        >
        > I'm kind of looking for other kid gamers for Perry to play with. But
        > we don't want to play Candyland anymore... Who out there has
        > similarly inclined children for a possible playdate? We live in
        > Sharon.
        >
        > I've brought him to a few grownup-focussed games parties, but
        > non-parents tend to cringe away from his exuberence and be more
        > annoyed with his inefficient play and tendency to occasionally try to
        > see what cards you have. I don't think he's horrible, but still, he's
        > only six...
        >
        > Judy Anderson yclept yduJ 'yduJ' rhymes with 'fudge'
        > yduJ@..., http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~yduj

      • Constantine
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2009
          Oh, great. MORE six year olds who can beat me ...