GBG Meeting, January 31st 2009

  • Andrew Young
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2009
      Hi To all,

      GBG (or Greater Boston Grogs) meets the first Saturday of every month at my house (typically) in Needham.  The group's guild page on BGG can be found thusly:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/33

      The purpose of GBG is to explore conflict simulation or  war games but have played many  Euros as well.  Everyone at GBG plays both. Recently, we've had theme based days- genres (card driven or block, eg), or time periods or theatres.

      Last Saturday we had an Ancients Theme.  10 members showed up; we went from 10am to 7pm.

      Games Played-

      Republic of Rome:  6 of us played RoR.  We are no longer friends.  Enough said.  8-)  Actually, we had a great game, starting with the Mid Republic.  A triumvirate emerged in the middle of the game that basically ruled the growing empire.  Most of my faction was sent to sun in Nearer or Farther Spain.  What a disaster.  Great Fun for 9 hours of pain.

      Hannibal: Rome versus Carthage:  The other 4 played simultaneous games of this classic.  2 of the players were new to the game but it was reported that they picked it up fast and had a great time.  After that, they played Agricola and Le Havre.

      Please email me or get on the guild if you have interest.

      Andy