Re: [Unity_Games] Unity Games XV - Heroscape

  • tmredden
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 4, 2009
      It was brought to my attention that my wording was more than a little
      ambiguous in my previous description of Heroscape army construction.
      What I meant to say is that an army may have no more than 1 OF THE SAME
      unique hero or squad. Obviously you can enlist several unique heroes
      and/or squads as long as they are different. And, opposing armies may
      have the same unique hero/squad fighting against each other.

      Unity Games XV is only a few short days away. Don't forget to pack your
      500 point Heroscape armies, and remember to bring attack dice, defense
      dice, initiative die (d20), figure cards for you armies, order markers,
      etc. Five Battleboards of Valhalla will be set up for use all day.

      - Todd

      tmredden wrote:

> [...]
      > cards. An army may have no more than one unique figure or squad but may
      > have multiple common heroes or common squads. Opposing armies may have
      > the same unique figures fighting against each other so you need worry
      > only about the contents of your own army. 24 footspace army means that
      > each board has a 24 hex starting area where your army must be placed at
      > the start. If your army requires more than 24 spaces to stand (too many
      > squads can do this) then some of your figures will start out dead. This
      > is especially bad in a tournament.
      >
      > The boards will not have any of the Marvel specific terrain but you may
      > feel free to bring Marvel figures if you so desire. If a Heroscape
      > Tournament evolves then Marvel figures won't be allowed in, so you
      > should have at least one army with no Marvel figures. Tournaments
      > commonly require each player to play one army against each other
      > player's army on different terrain. The board setups will not have Glyph
      > placement but you may feel free to bring Glyphs, and no goal other than
      > complete annihilation is inherent in any of the boards I'm bringing, but
      > you may play for other goals if you choose.
      >
      > In addition to the terrain I will also bring all the reference manuals
      > and some help sheets to aid with terrain effects and how to play. You'll
      > need to bring your own dice (attack/defense and d20,) life markers,
      > figures, figure cards, etc.
      >
      > - Todd Redden
      >
      > tmredden wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all -
      > >
      > > Bring your favorite 500 point Heroscape army to Unity Games XV.
      > >
      > > I first discovered HEROSCAPE at Unity Games IX
      > > http://www.unitygames.org/ug9a/UnityGames9.htm
      > <http://www.unitygames.org/ug9a/UnityGames9.htm>
      > > <http://www.unitygames.org/ug9a/UnityGames9.htm
      > <http://www.unitygames.org/ug9a/UnityGames9.htm>> when Hasbro sent a team
      > > (Rob and Chris) to show off the game. That's what got me started and I
      > > haven't stopped since. With the 9th wave of figures anticipated for
      > > Spring '09 I thought it might appeal to others to have some Heroscape
      > > gaming available at Unity Games XV also.
      > >
      > > I plan to bring and set up five 2-player boards from the "Battlefields
      > > of Valhalla" project on heroscapers.com which provide a sample of every
      > > terrain type made for the game to date. The boards are designed to
      > > bolster 2-player combat to the maximum. All you need to do is bring
      > > your favorite 500 point 24 footspace army and the boards will be set up
      > > for play all day. The boards could be used by anybody interested in
      > > trying out the game for the first time (I'll bring a few ready made 500
      > > point armies), or just to play a game or two, or even for a tournament
      > > if anyone has the notion (Tournament Heroscape is a blast!)
      > >
      > > As long as there is enough table space available, I hope the UG planning
      > > committee approves of this. I plan to be present all day, and should be
      > > available to answer any questions about the game's rules for those

    • David Fontes
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 19, 2009
        Media watch: there is a long, and pretty well-written, article about
        Settlers of Catan and Klaus Teuber in the most recent Wired Magazine
        (not yet online). The article is called something like "The Monopoly
        Killer." Cool!
        -D
      • loriengreen
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 20, 2009
          That's great news, thanks for the heads-up! :)

          - Lorien

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, David Fontes <dfontes@...> wrote:

          > Media watch: there is a long, and pretty well-written, article about
          > Settlers of Catan and Klaus Teuber in the most recent Wired Magazine
          > (not yet online). The article is called something like "The Monopoly
          > Killer." Cool!
          > -D

        • Constantine
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 20, 2009
            WOOOOOOOT!!

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, David Fontes <dfontes@...> wrote:

            > Media watch: there is a long, and pretty well-written, article about
            > Settlers of Catan and Klaus Teuber in the most recent Wired Magazine
            > (not yet online). The article is called something like "The Monopoly
            > Killer." Cool!
            > -D

          • loriengreen
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 3 11:01 AM
              Hey, if anyone's looking for the online version of this article, a friend just sent it my way:

              http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/magazine/17-04/mf_settlers?currentPage=1

              Cheers!