UGXV: Food

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      There are plenty of Restaurants and Fast Food places within close proximity of the Hotel. Many thanks go out to Tery Noseworthy, who is putting together a list of all of your outside dining options. This list will be available at the Registration Desk through out the event.

      There are also 2 restaurants inside the Hotel. The Main Restaurant serves breakfast from 7-11, Lunch from 11 - 2 and Dinner from 5 -9. The Lounge is open from 1-11:30 and should offer the full menu as well. There is also a convience store/kiosk in the main lobby that has soda, candy, snacks. If there is no one in the store, you can pay at the front desk.

      The hotel will also be offering cart service in the Foyer outside our Ballroom. The menu that they have provided me is:

      9-10: Muffins, Fruit, Soda, Bottled Water, Coffee, Tea

      11:30 - 1:30 Pre-made Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Soup, Soda, Candy, Chips, Coffee, Tea

      5-7 Pre-made Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Soup, Soda, Candy, Chips, Coffee, Tea

      There should also be water service available all day long, both in the main ballroom and in the outer foyer area.

      There will be cocktail style tables set up in the foyer area. We should try and leave this open for people who want to take a break from games and enjoy their meals. There will plenty of table space for gaming inside the Main Ballroom.

      Since the hotel is providing food service, they will be actively enforcing the no outside food clause that is a standard part of all hotel contracts. The only exception to this is small quantities of food you have brought from home that are for your own personal use. This means no community food table, no food runs, where one person brings back take-out for someone else and no deliveries to the hotel. (Some people may have gotten away with breaking this rule in the past because the old ballroom was located off in a separate building and the hotel staff pretty much let us be unless we needed something. This time you have to go through the main hotel lobby, past the registration desk and to the central elevators to go up to our ballroom on the 3rd floor.)

      See Everyone on Saturday.

      -Adam

      http://www.unitygames.org/ugxv/ugxv.htm

    • Jeff Michaud
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
        Sounds good Adam! I just hope the cart service is prepared for a large
        crowd! (I think we overwhelmed them in Wakefield when we bought/consumed
        most of sandwiches during lunch time and were unable to make more for dinner)

        And if we can trust the weather forecast 4 days out it should be clear, dry, and warm
        for getting to/from UG15!

        Math traders, don't forget to bring those games with you, maybe putting
        them in your vehicles the night before....

        See you all Saturday!!!

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
          On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Jeff Michaud
          <jeff.michaud@...> wrote:

          > And if we can trust the weather forecast 4 days out it should be clear, dry,
          > and warm for getting to/from UG15!

          I don't know if that will help or hinder turnout ;)

          We're over 200 prepays which is absolutely phenomenal! And so many
          others have emailed me to say they will be coming and paying at the
          door - looks like another banner UG day in store!!

          daveber@...
          www.unitygames.org