Knockabout tournament on BoardSpace.net, Jan 15

  • Doug Orleans
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2009
      One of my favorite 2-player games, Knockabout, by Boston local Greg
      Lam of Pair-of-Dice Games, was recently implemented online at
      BoardSpace:

      http://boardspace.net/english/about_knockabout.html

      Knockabout is a two-player strategy game played on a hexagonal board
      where your pieces are dice and you're trying to knock your opponents'
      dice off the board. Despite being in the Games 100 in 2003, it hasn't
      really gotten the attention it deserves, so I'm happy that there's an
      online version now. In particular, I think the player rating system
      at BoardSpace will help dispel the notion that it's luck-dominated,
      which was something both Tom Vasel and Shannon Appelcline concluded in
      their reviews. Anyway, come on by for a game-- feel free to challenge
      me if you see me online (there or on GTalk), or play the computer
      player (named "dumbot", although it's actually not that dumb and beats
      most new players).

      Also, there will be a Knockabout tournament starting January 15:

      http://boardspace.net/cgi-bin/tournament-signup.cgi?tournamentid=14

      Pair-of-Dice Games will send copies of Knockabout, Warp 6 and
      Chopstick Dexterity MegaChallenge 3000 as a prize to the winner.

      --dougorleans@...