Re: [Unity_Games] Math Trade for UG XV?

  • Jeff Michaud
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
      Yes, I definitely plan to run one very soon... there is a large
      International math trade going on right now that should be
      over with tomorrow (Sat Jan 3rd) so we should be starting
      the UG no-ship math trade around next week and let it run
      for a couple weeks. That should then leave enough time
      (two weeks) for folks with their untraded games to try to
      make direct trades or out right offer them for sale.

      Clay, I see Adam has already pointed you to the math trade
      intro wiki page at boardgamegeek. For anyone who is not
      already registered with www.boardgamegeek.com and may
      be interested in participating in the UG math trade to register
      (no charge).

      We'll also be using the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) so even
      if you are already on boardgamegeek you may also want to
      login to that tool as well. More info at:

      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648

      And for what it's worth, last year's UG math trade 129 game lots (most
      lots/items contain just one game but some have sweeteners). That
      math trade was at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/27558
      (129 wasn't a record, the UG-13 math trade was with 145 lots trading
      hands).

      And UG is only 5 weeks from tomorrow!!!

      Jeff

      At 04:13 PM 1/1/2009, you wrote:

      >Unity Games XV (Feb 7) is now just five weeks away - who-hooo! It's been too long! I can't wait!!!
      >
      >I was wondering if there's any interest out there in continuing the math trade tradition and, more importantly, if there are any masochistic volunteers willing to put in all the time and effort it takes to organize and run one (Jeff? Joe?). I always enjoy the UG math trades and the last couple have been very successful and a lot of fun, with participation growing each time. I'm definitely hoping a UG XV math trade materializes, and if so, that some of you fence-sitters give it a try ... it's a terrific, no-risk way to put together some nice game trades without shipping costs!
      >
      >Happy new year to all!
      >
      >-Terry
    • Joe Huber
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
        Terry asks:

        > Unity Games XV (Feb 7) is now just five weeks away - who-hooo! It's been too long! I can't wait!!!
        >
        > I was wondering if there's any interest out there in continuing the math trade tradition and, more importantly, if there are any >masochistic volunteers willing to put in all the time and effort it takes to organize and run one (Jeff? Joe?). I always enjoy the UG >math trades and the last couple have been very successful and a lot of fun, with participation growing each time. I'm definitely >hoping a UG XV math trade materializes, and if so, that some of you fence-sitters give it a try ... it's a terrific, no-risk way to put >together some nice game trades without shipping costs!

        I've sent a note to Jeff - since I think we'd all prefer to use Jeff's
        tool, I think it's Jeff's to run if he wishes to; I'm happy to do so
        otherwise...

        Joe