Re: Gaming with a cause

  • Rodney
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
      I love the idea. And I would love to come down to an event like
      this. The only two conventions I know of that are in the time frame
      you are looking at are Council of Five Nations Oct 10-12 and Carnage
      11 Nov 7-9.

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "mmajorowski" <mmajorowski@...>
      wrote:

      > I am looking to put together a game day to help raise money for an
      > organization called "Woody's Project". This organization helps
      > homeless folks in brockton and the surrounding areas with warm
      meals
      > and clothes. I worked on Park Street near the boston common for
      about
      > 5 years and i met many people without a home that i would not
      hesitate
      > to call a friend. There are some very bitter months of weather
      coming
      > soon and i want to help these people.
      >
      > I am currently working on getting an event room in an Iraesli
      > restaurant in stoughton ma.
      >
      > The price would be $10 and all proceeds with be given to Woody's
      > Project.
      >
      > I want to schedule it within a month but I want to make sur eit
      will
      > not conflict with other cons or game days that might pop up. If you
      > are planning something in late Oct. early Nov. please let me know
      so I
      > can pick a day with no conflict of events.

    • ScottH.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
        Great idea Mike. Could I also suggest that perhaps canned food could
        be donated, that would be brought to a local food pantry?
        I might be able to help with that, but I am busy on the weekend of
        November 14-16 at another event.
        ScottH.

        wrote:

        > I am looking to put together a game day to help raise money for an
        > organization called "Woody's Project". This organization helps
        > homeless folks in brockton and the surrounding areas with warm
        meals
        > and clothes. I worked on Park Street near the boston common for
        about
        > 5 years and i met many people without a home that i would not
        hesitate
        > to call a friend. There are some very bitter months of weather
        coming
        > soon and i want to help these people.
        >
        > I am currently working on getting an event room in an Iraesli
        > restaurant in stoughton ma.
        >
        > The price would be $10 and all proceeds with be given to Woody's
        > Project.
        >
        > I want to schedule it within a month but I want to make sur eit
        will
        > not conflict with other cons or game days that might pop up. If you
        > are planning something in late Oct. early Nov. please let me know
        so I
        > can pick a day with no conflict of events.

      • mmajorowski
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
          i was thinking along those lines as well but i will check with the
          charity. Beleave it or not what i think they really need are new
          clean socks. But i will ask about the food.

        • s_pizio@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
            Both of these may be considered outside
            your target area. Council is in upstate
            NY, i believe Schenectady. Carnage is in
            Fairlee, VT which is about 20 mins north
            of White River Jct.