RE: [Unity_Games] Gaming with a cause

  • Dawn Townsend
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
      That is a great idea Mike, I am looking forward to attending.
      Dawn :)

      >I am looking to put together a game day to help raise money for an
      >organization called "Woody's Project". This organization helps
      >homeless folks in brockton and the surrounding areas with warm meals
      >and clothes. I worked on Park Street near the boston common for about
      >5 years and i met many people without a home that i would not hesitate
      >to call a friend. There are some very bitter months of weather coming
      >soon and i want to help these people.
      >
      >I am currently working on getting an event room in an Iraesli
      >restaurant in stoughton ma.
      >
      >The price would be $10 and all proceeds with be given to Woody's
      >Project.
      >
      >I want to schedule it within a month but I want to make sur eit will
      >not conflict with other cons or game days that might pop up. If you
      >are planning something in late Oct. early Nov. please let me know so I
      >can pick a day with no conflict of events.

    • Rodney
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        I love the idea. And I would love to come down to an event like
        this. The only two conventions I know of that are in the time frame
        you are looking at are Council of Five Nations Oct 10-12 and Carnage
        11 Nov 7-9.

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "mmajorowski" <mmajorowski@...>
        wrote:

        > I am looking to put together a game day to help raise money for an
        > organization called "Woody's Project". This organization helps
        > homeless folks in brockton and the surrounding areas with warm
        meals
        > and clothes. I worked on Park Street near the boston common for
        about
        > 5 years and i met many people without a home that i would not
        hesitate
        > to call a friend. There are some very bitter months of weather
        coming
        > soon and i want to help these people.
        >
        > I am currently working on getting an event room in an Iraesli
        > restaurant in stoughton ma.
        >
        > The price would be $10 and all proceeds with be given to Woody's
        > Project.
        >
        > I want to schedule it within a month but I want to make sur eit
        will
        > not conflict with other cons or game days that might pop up. If you
        > are planning something in late Oct. early Nov. please let me know
        so I
        > can pick a day with no conflict of events.

      • ScottH.
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
          Great idea Mike. Could I also suggest that perhaps canned food could
          be donated, that would be brought to a local food pantry?
          I might be able to help with that, but I am busy on the weekend of
          November 14-16 at another event.
          ScottH.

          wrote:

          > I am looking to put together a game day to help raise money for an
          > organization called "Woody's Project". This organization helps
          > homeless folks in brockton and the surrounding areas with warm
          meals
          > and clothes. I worked on Park Street near the boston common for
          about
          > 5 years and i met many people without a home that i would not
          hesitate
          > to call a friend. There are some very bitter months of weather
          coming
          > soon and i want to help these people.
          >
          > I am currently working on getting an event room in an Iraesli
          > restaurant in stoughton ma.
          >
          > The price would be $10 and all proceeds with be given to Woody's
          > Project.
          >
          > I want to schedule it within a month but I want to make sur eit
          will
          > not conflict with other cons or game days that might pop up. If you
          > are planning something in late Oct. early Nov. please let me know
          so I
          > can pick a day with no conflict of events.

        • mmajorowski
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
            i was thinking along those lines as well but i will check with the
            charity. Beleave it or not what i think they really need are new
            clean socks. But i will ask about the food.

          • s_pizio@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
              Both of these may be considered outside
              your target area. Council is in upstate
              NY, i believe Schenectady. Carnage is in
              Fairlee, VT which is about 20 mins north
              of White River Jct.