Gaming with a cause

  • mmajorowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
      I am looking to put together a game day to help raise money for an
      organization called "Woody's Project". This organization helps
      homeless folks in brockton and the surrounding areas with warm meals
      and clothes. I worked on Park Street near the boston common for about
      5 years and i met many people without a home that i would not hesitate
      to call a friend. There are some very bitter months of weather coming
      soon and i want to help these people.

      I am currently working on getting an event room in an Iraesli
      restaurant in stoughton ma.

      The price would be $10 and all proceeds with be given to Woody's
      Project.

      I want to schedule it within a month but I want to make sur eit will
      not conflict with other cons or game days that might pop up. If you
      are planning something in late Oct. early Nov. please let me know so I
      can pick a day with no conflict of events.
    • Dawn Townsend
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
        That is a great idea Mike, I am looking forward to attending.
        Dawn :)

        >I am looking to put together a game day to help raise money for an
        >organization called "Woody's Project". This organization helps
        >homeless folks in brockton and the surrounding areas with warm meals
        >and clothes. I worked on Park Street near the boston common for about
        >5 years and i met many people without a home that i would not hesitate
        >to call a friend. There are some very bitter months of weather coming
        >soon and i want to help these people.
        >
        >I am currently working on getting an event room in an Iraesli
        >restaurant in stoughton ma.
        >
        >The price would be $10 and all proceeds with be given to Woody's
        >Project.
        >
        >I want to schedule it within a month but I want to make sur eit will
        >not conflict with other cons or game days that might pop up. If you
        >are planning something in late Oct. early Nov. please let me know so I
        >can pick a day with no conflict of events.

      • Rodney
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
          I love the idea. And I would love to come down to an event like
          this. The only two conventions I know of that are in the time frame
          you are looking at are Council of Five Nations Oct 10-12 and Carnage
          11 Nov 7-9.

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "mmajorowski" <mmajorowski@...>
          wrote:

          > I am looking to put together a game day to help raise money for an
          > organization called "Woody's Project". This organization helps
          > homeless folks in brockton and the surrounding areas with warm
          meals
          > and clothes. I worked on Park Street near the boston common for
          about
          > 5 years and i met many people without a home that i would not
          hesitate
          > to call a friend. There are some very bitter months of weather
          coming
          > soon and i want to help these people.
          >
          > I am currently working on getting an event room in an Iraesli
          > restaurant in stoughton ma.
          >
          > The price would be $10 and all proceeds with be given to Woody's
          > Project.
          >
          > I want to schedule it within a month but I want to make sur eit
          will
          > not conflict with other cons or game days that might pop up. If you
          > are planning something in late Oct. early Nov. please let me know
          so I
          > can pick a day with no conflict of events.

        • ScottH.
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
            Great idea Mike. Could I also suggest that perhaps canned food could
            be donated, that would be brought to a local food pantry?
            I might be able to help with that, but I am busy on the weekend of
            November 14-16 at another event.
            ScottH.

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
              i was thinking along those lines as well but i will check with the
              charity. Beleave it or not what i think they really need are new
              clean socks. But i will ask about the food.

            • s_pizio@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
                Both of these may be considered outside
                your target area. Council is in upstate
                NY, i believe Schenectady. Carnage is in
                Fairlee, VT which is about 20 mins north
                of White River Jct.