Game Sunday at The Buttery (Dorchester MA) this Sunday

  • Mark J. Dulcey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2008
      GAMES AT THE BUTTERY

      Hello all,

      Our monthly series of game days resumes this week, and continues on the
      third Sunday of every month through May. Please join us!

      Who: Anyone who enjoys playing board games, word games, cards, chess,
      checkers, backgammon, silly games, etc.

      When: Third Sunday of each month, September through May, starting at
      3pm, and continuing until late. (Things usually break up somewhere
      between 10pm and midnight.) This month, it's September 21.

      Where: Here at The Buttery, Dorchester MA. Reply for the address and
      directions to the house.

      What: Games such as mentioned above. Your favorite games, if you bring
      them and others want to play. We have several tables for simultaneous
      gaming, including one large table. We also have plenty of floor space
      for games that need to spread out, such as naval battles, Sorcerer's
      Cave, etc. We can provide small rooms for Diplomacy negotiations.

      Why: Just for the fun of it, of course!

      GROUND RULES:

      * Absolutely no smoking! No animals other than service animals.
      * We'll supply some soft drinks and chips. If you need your
      favorite snack or tipple to enjoy yourself, feel free to bring it -- but
      no hard liquor, please.
      * Some time in the evening, we'll send out for pizza and/or other
      snacks. Be prepared to pay for your share. If you prefer, you can bring
      your own food; we have a microwave oven available to reheat it.
      * Well behaved children of all ages are welcome, but the house is
      NOT childproof. Children too young to join in the general games are
      encouraged to bring their own quiet amusements or books. Children who
      distract or annoy their parents and/or other gamers are not particularly
      welcome.

      Since the first games will form up about 3:00 pm, arrival between 2:30
      and 3:00 will increase your chances of getting in on a game you like.
      But if you can't come until later in the day, you're still welcome; new
      games start throughout the afternoon and evening.

      Questions? Comments? Write mark@...