Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Wingnut Dungeons & Dragons players outraged at McCain attempt to link Obama with D&

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 21, 2008
      I was thinking the exact same thing bob - except for the half elf part. But since you and I were thinking the same thing, I know must go have my head examined.

      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 21, 2008
        maybe you were both talking to the mirror too?

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:

        > I was thinking the exact same thing bob - except for the half elf
        part. But since you and I were thinking the same thing, I know must
        go have my head examined.

        > Craig W. Massey
        > cwmassey@...

      • Bill Goode
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 21, 2008
          Haha, I read about this earlier in the week. Guess he's not counting
          on the traditionally strong turnout of the gamer vote! >_<

          While we're on the topic of role playing... I stumbled upon this gem
          on the internet today:

          http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2008/06/09/from-the-slushpile?rss

          Bill

        • IGiveIn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 22, 2008
            Well, you got 2 out of 8 right...

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 22, 2008
              OOOOPS. I apologize to all those half-elves out there ... no wait I
              don't. I'm a half-orc, we don't apologize.

              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, IGiveIn@... wrote:

              > Well, you got 2 out of 8 right...
              >
              > You are all Commie, brie-eating, whale-saving, Prius-driving,
              > 5th-level half-elf NPR-listening SCUMMMM!

            • Phil Alberg
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 22, 2008
                I'm not a D&D player (although I do drive a Prius and have almost
                shaved a whale), so forgive my ignorance when I ask: If you are
                half-orc, then what is your other half?

                - Phil

                On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Constantine <curseyoukhan@...> wrote:
                > OOOOPS. I apologize to all those half-elves out there ... no wait I
                > don't. I'm a half-orc, we don't apologize.
                >
                > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, IGiveIn@... wrote:
                >>
                >> Well, you got 2 out of 8 right...
                >>
                >> You are all Commie, brie-eating, whale-saving, Prius-driving,
                >> 5th-level half-elf NPR-listening SCUMMMM!

                Eastern MA Gaming
                http://www.unitygames.org/

                "But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"

                important, not the winning."
                - Reiner Knizia
              • Felix Rodriguez
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 22, 2008
                  In D&D terms, a half-orc generally means half-human. Ewww.

                  This whole thing kind of reminds me of my Catholic High School
                  experience when a crazy religious student declared during religion class
                  that me and my friends were Satanists for playing that game.

                  Felix

                  Phil Alberg wrote:

                  > I'm not a D&D player (although I do drive a Prius and have almost
                  > shaved a whale), so forgive my ignorance when I ask: If you are
                  > half-orc, then what is your other half?
                  >
                  > - Phil
                  >
                  > On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Constantine <curseyoukhan@...
                  > <mailto:curseyoukhan%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                  > > OOOOPS. I apologize to all those half-elves out there ... no wait I
                  > > don't. I'm a half-orc, we don't apologize.
                  > >
                  > > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:Unity_Games%40yahoogroups.com>, IGiveIn@... wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> Well, you got 2 out of 8 right...
                  > >>
                  > >> You are all Commie, brie-eating, whale-saving, Prius-driving,
                  > >> 5th-level half-elf NPR-listening SCUMMMM!

                • Bob Sumner
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 22, 2008
                    that makes Costantine's other half a Satanist Zombie
                    or a member of Congress >> whichever is more Evil

                  • IGiveIn@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 22, 2008
                      Nah, I'm whale-saving scummmm... :D

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 22, 2008
                        Unfortunate.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 22, 2008
                          Should have said: "Not yet, but we're working on it..."

                          In our Lutheran church I was told the dumbest anti-D&D argument EVER:
                          "It allows you to pretend to be something superior to what God wanted you to be."